Poor Fuel Economy

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mezje
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Poor Fuel Economy

Post by mezje »

So I am getting about 350-400KM when the car hits E, when it is on E though I can usually fill it with about 10L of fuel, isn't it a 60L tank?

I also get a serious smell of fuel when I put the foot down.

Anything I can do to improve it, replace O2 sensor?
destinationtoby
Broke it

Re: Poor Fuel Economy

Post by destinationtoby »

mezje wrote:So I am getting about 350-400KM when the car hits E, when it is on E though I can usually fill it with about 10L of fuel, isn't it a 60L tank??

what
Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
destinationtoby
Broke it

If it's on the E and your filling up, & it only takes 10L to fill here back up to full, then you have a faulty fkn sender or gauge lol

& also a sh*t load of fuel still in the tank
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
mezje
Mechanic

Post by mezje »

destinationtoby wrote:
mezje wrote:So I am getting about 350-400KM when the car hits E, when it is on E though I can usually fill it with about 10L of fuel, isn't it a 60L tank??

what
Maybe I worded it badly, but I will fully fill it up, reset the trip counter and I will get about 350-400KM before the gauge is on E again. When I go to fill it up at this point the car takes in about 45-50L of fuel, meaning there was still 10L left.
destinationtoby
Broke it

mezje wrote:
destinationtoby wrote:

what
Maybe I worded it badly, but I will fully fill it up, reset the trip counter and I will get about 350-400KM before the gauge is on E again. When I go to fill it up at this point the car takes in about 45-50L of fuel, meaning there was still 10L left.

Ohhhhh. :lol:

Um yeah, could be a number of things causing to run rich. Check plugs.
Could be faulty O2 sensor. If u can smell fuel I'm guessing u Have checked for a leak in lines and around filter area? Has the filter been changed recently ?
mezje
Mechanic

Post by mezje »

destinationtoby wrote:
mezje wrote:
destinationtoby wrote:

what

Ohhhhh. :lol:

Um yeah, could be a number of things causing to run rich. Check plugs.
Could be faulty O2 sensor. If u can smell fuel I'm guessing u Have checked for a leak in lines and around filter area? Has the filter been changed recently ?
I have not checked the filter or changed it, will give it a look, I can't see anything visible leaking near it though.

You mean check spark plugs ye?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I'd start with changing fuel filter & the ECU temp sender
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

destinationtoby wrote:
what
Don't worry Toby, didn't make sense to me either. :lol: