Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

spetz
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Valve Stem Seal Replacement

Post by spetz »

Thanks for that guys.
I'll see how I go, and if I am having difficulties replacing the stem seals with the heads on I will consider taking them off.
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

Hey guys,

So I am at the stage of taking the valve springs out.

It is becoming a bit of a nightmare job and I am considering removing the heads as it may be an easier alternative in the long run.

Before I do though... does anyone have any suggestions or know of any special tools that would make this a doable job without removing the heads?

I am considering buying a tool like the one below but concerned that being a V motor there may be no access to get to the rear exhaust valves?

Alternatively I will be getting something similar to the below tool and removing the heads. I've never removed heads before but from what I can tell I need to remove the intake manifold including fuel rail, exhaust manifold and the head bolts. Any suggestions?

Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

This is why I always remove the engine if I'm going that far down. lol
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

Yeah if the engine was out it'd make things much easier but sadly I don't have the tools (engine hoist, engine stand) nor the space for it.

With the heads off it'd make it pretty easy, but I would much rather avoid taking the heads off