Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

spetz
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Rocker Cover Gaskets

Post by spetz »

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find some rocker cover gaskets and they seem to be ridiculously priced for aftermarket parts.

Is there something I am missing here?

At this stage the cheapest is OEM by the looks of it at $70 for the pair + shipping. I've also found the spark plug o-rings however cannot find the bolt gaskets. Are these crucial to change when replacing the rocker cover gasket?

Also, my rocker cover gasket does no leak or anything, I just need to take off the rocker covers. Are these a must replace item, as I remember my rocker covers were previously opened to adjust the tappets but the gaskets were not replaced and there is still no leak.
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Re: Rocker Cover Gaskets

Post by Vectose »

$70 sounds about right. Pretty sure most of the aftermarket ones for are for non mivec.

It's more of a replace while you're in there kind of thing, if the rubber is still soft they should be fine.

Bolt seals I wouldn't really worry about They never leak anyway.
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

Thanks Vectose.

Most aftermarket ones are for the non-MIVEC motor but there are ones for the MIVEC motor too.
For example the Permaseal RC3131K from what I understand is for the MIVEC version but is $138 for one side from Bursons.
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Stuff that, would probably be cheaper from Mitsi Australia. :lol:
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

Yes it is cheaper from a dealer.
$84 from Mitsubishi Australia for the rocker cover gasket alone + maybe $10-$12 for each o-ring.

Anyway I ended up buying 6X spark plug o-rings for $40 and will be buying 2X rocker cover gaskets for $70 (+ shipping from Amayama but I am buying other parts too) so $110 for OEM parts versus $276 for non-OEM parts from Bursons