Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mindxcycle
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

O2 Sensor/ Inlet/Rocker Cover Gaskets / Sparkplugs

Post by mindxcycle »

Hey guys,

I did post this on the Facebook page but seems the forum would be the ideal place to post.
Just some info my car is a 1995 GPX No ABS/TC - 170 xxx Km's.

I'm split between the Bosch LS602 I can get through ebay but i've also found the Denso OXY1027 from Sparebox (within Aus) 02 Sensors. Would the Denso be okay/Anyone used them before?

Also I've ordered NGK Iridium sparkplugs and while doing them thought id do the gaskets as well. I suspect I have a rocker cover gasket leak and was wanting to chase up the correct gasket/part numbers while the intake is apart.
MD309002 - Rocker Cover Gasket ?
MD175776 - Inlet Manifold?

As for adjusting tappets on my GPX, Where would this sit in the order of doing things? (kind of a stupid question but before putting in new gaskets and sparkplugs? I don't feel experienced enough to tackle on the diy so I'lll most likely take it to a shop unless someone mobile is able to do them. Since i do not have near close to the right tools and the car can't be down for too much longer.

Finally, if the manifold is off is there anything else i can replace? (Spark plug seals etc). I may need part numbers for individual stuff to get from Amayama since I don't need a full head gasket set which is a bit $$ and unnecessary for me at this point in time.

Thanks
silverGPX
9.5"

Re: O2 Sensor/ Inlet/Rocker Cover Gaskets / Sparkplugs

Post by silverGPX »

Denso is OEM so your best bet for the 02 sensor.
mindxcycle
Apprentice

Post by mindxcycle »

Yeah I bit the bullet and got a new fuel filter and the Denso 02 Sensor. Thanks for that didn't realise were actually the genuine.

So now im stuck on the gaskets/seals.

Was thinking of using these for the Rocker Cover gasket set (looks like they come with plug seals) and ordering from Mitsubishi themselves or Amayama for the inlet manifold gasket which i think i've read, are shared between the hj magnas?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Rocker-Cover-Gas ... SwR29ZEAuf

As for tappets I may have to look around the local area and see how much they cost to be done.
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

To save yourself headache choosing, type your VIN into EPC data get the right partner number for the parts then order it all from amayama.

I've always had headaches buying from other sellers and have been kicking myself thinking I should of just went with amayama.

Yeah tappets suck, rob did mine. I've got a home made tappet tool if you want it - I'm in Brisbane.
mindxcycle
Apprentice

Post by mindxcycle »

Yeah i'll try the EPC database and cross reference parts numbers etc, didn't realise there was one until now, Thank you.

Yeah I feel doing the tappets will have to be a more planned job and definitely not rushed. If your okay with lending me it, I am also in Brisbane. Happy to meet up or come to you.