Need help with your FTO? Click here

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ginbill
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Need help with your FTO? Click here

Post by ginbill »

Hi Guys,
Having trouble with my battery not holding a charge, goes flat after about 3 day if it is no getting driven
new battery , alternator working, looks like a short some where any hints you could send my way would be appriciated
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

You can check with a multimeter if there is a parasitic draw somewhere.
YouTube videos... you basically start checking at the fuse box to isolate it
GazGPvR
Apprentice

Post by GazGPvR »

Guys my rear bearing need to get changed on my GP. My model is 1998. All I can find on eBay is up to a 1997 model. Would this be the same part?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3377553008

Cheers guys
Gaz
therealtbone

Post by therealtbone »

I need to replace my Slave Clutch Cylinder due to a leak. I am finding it hard to source a part and was wondering if anyone knew what other models have an equivalent Slave Cylinder (e.g. Mirage) that will work in an FTO?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

therealtbone wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:31 pm I need to replace my Slave Clutch Cylinder due to a leak. I am finding it hard to source a part and was wondering if anyone knew what other models have an equivalent Slave Cylinder (e.g. Mirage) that will work in an FTO?
Yep, CE Lancer/Mirage.
Troye08

LSD -BJKs old white FTO

Post by Troye08 »

I recently purchased this, and now I’m no mechanic I think there’s some pretty obvious/ noticeable problems that I just can’t figure out. The LSD “clunks” when turning left or right, the left wheel clunks, the steering wheel is affected by this too, turning right the wheel will clunk and the steering wheel turns slightly left as it clunks. I found a fix to be possible KAAZ LSD Dif fluid oil after many hours of hunting. That’ll be my first try anyway!. The other problem is on that left axel the inner CV boot is leaking red Axel grease to my knowledge, I’ve taken it to a mechanic and he’s baffled. No cracks nothing loose. After taking the car for a spin there is a murder scene all over the gearbox firewall, full of red grease.

And my final question! What makes a rough idle? I’ve tried the throttle tensioner, the screw with the P on throttle body. It’s not rough rough! It’s just one second it sounds normal, great and alive then the next second it sounds dull, dead and lacking power or fuel maybe, but it continues like that, alive, dull, alive, dull, alive, dull. The power gauge slightly moves but barely! I have a new battery so I’m considering alternator maybe?!
mezje
Mechanic

Post by mezje »

Stepper motor on the idle, it will get worse and worse, cheap easy fix. Check the alt with a multimeter