Bennoz 6A13 Conversion

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Bennoz
National President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Bennoz 6A13 Conversion

Post by Bennoz »

So my GR Whiteline rear swaybar / Lancer droplink / aftermarket lower control arm experiment hasn't ended well..
link.jpg
link.jpg (73.98 KiB) Viewed 2575 times
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

A bit of angle iron will fix that.
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
destinationtoby
Broke it

Post by destinationtoby »

Why don't you just go back to the standard arms?
Obviously the brackets are cheap pieces of sh*t that break & it's only a matter of time before the arms f**king snap. I've tried convincing jaan to let me swap the standard ones back in and throw the knock offs in the bin, but he likes them cos day is blu
Last edited by destinationtoby on Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

The thought did cross my mind Toby..
FTODreams
Grease Monkey

Post by FTODreams »

Just make a new bracket? My rear sway bar will probably have the same problem as we have the same set up except different sway bars (ultra racing). Quality these days are really lacking.
destinationtoby
Broke it

FTODreams wrote:Just make a new bracket? My rear sway bar will probably have the same problem as we have the same set up except different sway bars (ultra racing). Quality these days are really lacking.
It's not the sway bar, it's the aftermarket control arms or trailing arms(can't remember which is which) standard arms have the bracket built in.
Also I think that is his second or third bracket. I went through a couple (stronger each time)
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

First one I've broken. Won't break now. 5mm angle iron.

destinationtoby
Broke it

Oh. Must of been Matt that broke me aswell.
I still don't trust the arms
FTODreams
Grease Monkey

Post by FTODreams »

Yeah it's the trailing arm I think? Yeah I know that it's just the force that the sway bar exerts on the bracket is what wrecks it, was what I was trying to say. I don't exactly trust it either and half expect it to be made of something sh*t not billet 6061 or whatever it was. I chose them cause I couldn't be arsed with sourcing the bushes that go into the original trailing arm. Think the cost of them both equated to more than the new arms so just went for it.

Seems the president was one step ahead of me. Maybe weld in two bits of iron on each side of it so it's more like a triangle and that way doesn't bend. Although not sure if that would even Bend as most of the forces going to that bracket are just going up and marginally down.
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

FTODreams wrote:Seems the president was one step ahead of me. Maybe weld in two bits of iron on each side of it so it's more like a triangle and that way doesn't bend. Although not sure if that would even Bend as most of the forces going to that bracket are just going up and marginally down.
Here is a post we prepared earlier.....
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Bennoz wrote:Toying with the idea of re-jigging my fuel system. I don't much like the racket the external pump makes, plus the legalities of it.

A few years back, the yanks started developing dual pump hangers. Few available now for early Evos & Eclipses. Might see which one is the best fit & try it with dual Walbros. Can then essentially use the factory fuel lines & not have to run them all around the ass end of the car to secondary pump. * RTA Engineer likes this*

Been trying to get this sorted for a while now & been wondering why half of these dual hangers are now obsolete... because Walbro have produced a 450LPH intank pump! :lol: Suitable for E85 as well. Sold!

http://walbrofuelpumps.com/450lph-walbr ... 00267.html

kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Bennoz wrote: because Walbro have produced a 450LPH intank pump! :lol:
I just got a fat thinking about it
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

But honestly, how loud is that going to be, might need to install bigger turbos to drown out the noise :lol:
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Don't care. Car makes enough noise as it is :lol:

This is planning for my next forged donk!
destinationtoby
Broke it

Got a mate that's just finished a build & we heard the fuel pumps for the first time yesterday, duel aeromotive eliminators in the boot, dynamatted to the shithouse and they're still the loudest f**king thing on earth, literally can't hear the 1600hp engine over them. He's not sure what to do about it lol but definitely can't keep them in the car that loud. Sounds like a f**king 2stroke motorbike at full throttle constantly.
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

I await the day when fuel pump drone achieves the same status as exhaust note.

"Hey guys, new to the club! Want do my first fuel pump mod to my new car! Looking for less of a whine and more of a buzz. What would you recommend?"