Nvr2lows 6a13 conversATION WITH BEN ABOUT HIS CONVERSION

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by I8A4RE »

Im sorry bro but something is wrong here. Even with an 2.5 exhaust you should be hitting way higher numbers than that. Also your running 6a13 ECU right? That should alos be hitting higher numbers without the need for a haltech.

Do they have the right plugs in there? Running rich shouldnt make you run that lower number. Put a rrfpr and lower the fuel pressure to stop ypu running so rich.

Let me think about it more tonight and all reply with a bit more info tomorrow.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

if the car is running rich then yes it will drop in power :evil:
I do have to agree with Simon if you are running the factory ecu for that motor then it should be making a sh*t load more that 139KWs :?

sh*t my N/A 6A12 is only 4KWs under that and you have twin turbos not good at all.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Hmm ... I put the 4G63 into my Sonata, with stock turbo, and just a pod and ecu, and got 145.1 @ the wheels ... So yeah, I would have thought you would get a lot more ..
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

yeah i understand guys i am confused as much as you are.
all my piping is good no leaks as it makes it to 10 psi no worrys.
they say it is running really really rich like stupidly lol.

i will get a quote 2morow for how much a interceptor is installed and tuned. i want this thing to make some good power measures.

all the plugs are in correct and everything as the motor runs fine and boosts up fine.

i am so confused simon think hard lol
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

nvr2low wrote:it had a perfect controlled line all the way to 10 psi then leveled off and after 5k it dropped off to around 8psi
Sounds like the same issues I had. Sounds like you're getting plug blow out & your waste gates are failing to hold boost over 10 pound at high rpm.
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

it stopped at 10 psi because that is all the boost controller was set out ben. My mates vr4 he says the wastegates on his do the same his drop off after 6000 revs from 14 to 13. He says this is because the turbos are just small and run out of puff. I am worried but now.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Crap, had mine up to 20 pound at one stage ;) They are sh*tty waste gates & the exhaust timing on the cams is dreadful.
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

haha ben you are so hardcore. I reckon I should get a interceptor then get it tuned and I should see my high numbers bak and if I don't I will run and cry
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Hahaha, I may have it.

If you read back a few pages and read what i wrote earlier. it MAY BE the solution to your problem.

Remember???

I'll give you a clue, it was just after you posted some pics.

Come on boy :P
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

simon you think it is my maf sensor facing down buddy. They guy who worked on it reckons it won't matter mate and he used to work on evos and v8 supercars.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Mate, sitting 3000km trying to guess from the little info i have is nearly impossible. However, i think it could definitly be causing mixture problems and also MAY be causing the problems. BUT BY THE SOUNDS OF IT I THINK YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE ISSUE.

If this guy is so good how come he cant even tell you WHY your running rich?

DO YOU HAVE A FPR ON??????
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

yh I understand man I wasn't having a go at you or anything. Um no I don't but I am guessin I should go gt 1 and put it on and then set it. Will this stop it from running so rich mate.
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

hi nvr2low hows the project coming alone? did you get everything sorted out with the power figures? you should put a full 3inch exhaust so it can flow better and also a haltech interceptor
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

i am currently waiting on the price for a mirotech computer stand alone fully installed. then i will see what the tuner can get out of the car then. i am also chasing prices on a 3 inch exhaust.

Ben what do you mean by plug blow out and also were did you get new wastegates from
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

K it's been along time for the update lol new motor is installed and running great. Currently running it in for awhile. Then will be changing all fluids and installing the microtech lt10 I bought and fuel pressure regulator will also have a 3 inch exhaust on the car which will be 2 cannons 1 on each side of the rear.

With the new motor we installed the adjustable exhaust cams and all I can say is sh*t the exhaust is a lot louder now than it was before. Also did a full service on it.

All the intercooler piping is now red and intake plenium is black with red flake. I am currently looking at buying a evo carbon fibre bonnett as the temps are still high but the motor is not overheating now like last time.
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

well fixed the over heating problem i hope i flushed the radiator again and put some water wetter in from redline and can say it is running sweet. i have bought my new bonnet so that should be here next week and this should also help with cooling the engine bay. i will get some pics up of the car later when i go take some.

The new ecu is on hold until the workshop has slowed down abit and i can get it in their to be done in and out as quick as possible. Or i will take it somewere else and see if they can do it.

cheers mitch
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

SO whats the total you have spent on the engine swapp now mitch?
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

2 motors 3400
intercooler and piping 1300
bov 250
thermo fans 120
labour and workshop total 5000 for installing both motors
microtech lt10 1100
microtech tune on the 24 1200
new ab style bonnet 1395
proberly around 15k man lol including timing belt and all new seals and adjustable exhaust cams.
But the car is running good now and I am happy with it
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

Not sure if I would include the cost of the bonnet in that list as its not an essential and just for looks. :lol:
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

hey guys got my new microtech here in my hands now and will be installed on the 24th of this month.

here is a pic.
[img][img]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/961/ecuq.jpg[/img][/img]