GR FTO REBORN'S 6a13tt conversion.

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

gr_fto_reborn
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

GR FTO REBORN'S 6a13tt conversion.

Post by gr_fto_reborn »

hey guys i have spoken a bit about my transplant so i thouht i would show you some pics. as you know i have done my bodywork and some interior but i decided i needed POWER!!!! so here is where i am at at the moment i will get more pics up but i get so wrapped up in doing things i forget to take some.

Also i have no clue what i am doing but in the true spirit of modding a car me and my mates are having a go. Also having a good laugh while we do it! :lol:

Old block out and bolting bits onto new block.

Current problems!
the whole at the bottome of the clutch case i assume is for flywheel inspection but i have no plate to cover it! Any suggestions where i can get one?

Not sure if i need the bit on the right as i think it is for bolting on the VR4 fly. Any clues? :D

Thanks for looking guys. BTW This is not my garage a mate of mine let me borrow a corner in his unit! :lol:
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

Hey mate with this conversion you have to use the fto gearbox fto flywheel and you have to take off the sandwhich plate from the fto motor and put it on thr 6a13 to make it all fit and work
gr_fto_reborn
Apprentice

Post by gr_fto_reborn »

thats the fto sandwitch plqate already on in the 3rd pic. in the 2nd pic the fto G box is on the floor ready to go on. Thanks for the help though. i now know the 'X' shaped bit is for the VR4 auto box so i can throw that. I thing i am going to make something to cover the inspection hole. but Rich B said he ran without one for years!!
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

how much are these converisons costing?
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

gr_fto_reborn wrote:thats the fto sandwitch plqate already on in the 3rd pic. in the 2nd pic the fto G box is on the floor ready to go on. Thanks for the help though. i now know the 'X' shaped bit is for the VR4 auto box so i can throw that. I thing i am going to make something to cover the inspection hole. but Rich be said he ran without one for years!!
should help keep box cooler ;)
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
gr_fto_reborn
Apprentice

Post by gr_fto_reborn »

Were a bit concerned that were missing a lot of parts we think we will need.
Loom Ancillieies.these are normall things like Air Flow Meter,power transistors for the coil packs,dropping resister for the injectors,the Ecu loom fusebox has a massive multipin plug that is completely different from any plug on the galant loom. so ideally this would have needed to be included with the engine loom...
Got sent this mail today from the guys doing my car. Any advise really. I have givent the Origional GR Air Flow Meter. Not too sure what the other bits are or where they may be attached to the Fto engine or even if they will do the job. Any advise greatly appreciated.]
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

hey man it sounds like you got dodgd when you bought the motor as you need the hole 6a13tt wiring loom man other wise your kind of stuffed. All the parts they are asking for should have come with the motor as these are all needed
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

Mr Reborn, how you getting on with your conversion mate? Perhaps you could think about a stand alone computer and get rid of things like the AFM all together
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT
gr_fto_reborn
Apprentice

Post by gr_fto_reborn »

Sorry i have not been on for an age. I am now married. wedding is over. so in the space of me starting this engine conversion i have had my first born Daughter Lillie, and i have got married. Lillie is almost a year old now. I havent touched the car for months due to the wedding but i got it back into the shop last week to get the wiring finished. Hopefully should be trying to start the car very soon. Then i need to sort the exhaust, fit bigger brakes put the car back together (a lot in my case), a final tune up and see how she drives.

Give me another year or so cause now i have to buy a house :roll:
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

congratulations on the wedding and daughter mate awesome 8)

Dont worry good things take time it will be a weapon when you eventually get it unleashed :twisted:
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
gr_fto_reborn
Apprentice

Post by gr_fto_reborn »

just took delivery of these.

So glad i am slowly moving with this again. The battery has been relocated to the boot now aswell
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

I WANT UPDATES!! I will even pay you with waffles (#) (#) (#)
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT
kermut
Grease Monkey

Re: GR FTO REBORN'S 6a13tt conversion.

Post by kermut »

yoo what car are the calipers off and are they a direct replacement on the fto? :D..loom is the easy part ;)...ill point you in the right direction if you get stuck as i did my own :D
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Re: GR FTO REBORN'S 6a13tt conversion.

Post by Astron_Boy »

I believe they're GTO calipers.
However, they could be 2 year old thread calipers too.