Crap cut from Bennoz conversion - ask questions here!

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

nvr2low
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by nvr2low »

haha ben u perv haha no worrys man i gotta save up money for the clutch now anyways and i will take the clutch and flywheel to get them to machine the flywheel to fit the clutch thansk for the help man
Tippin
Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

Bennoz wrote:
tippin9 wrote:was it any good? i heard they banned chicks from flashing off the top of balconies? :x lol
I've got pics that say otherwise! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Bennoz wrote:
tippin9 wrote:was it any good? i heard they banned chicks from flashing off the top of balconies? :x lol
I've got pics that say otherwise! :lol:
Gallery :arrow:
LED ALL the things.
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

hey ben I know your busy buddy and you were gonna blue print the new actuator rod and bracket would u be able to give me like a sketch of what it looks like and how long u made it man it doesn't have to be good just a rough idea as this is the last bit I am stuck on
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

nvr2low wrote: hey ben I know your busy buddy and you were gonna blue print the new actuator rod and bracket would you be able to give me like a sketch of what it looks like and how long you made it man it doesn't have to be good just a rough idea as this is the last bit I am stuck on
you best be trolling...
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

aye what ya mean jono. I just need a hand and I was gonna try and make 1 up myself but I don't wanna stuff it up and bens works so that is why I asked him for a rough sketch anyways forget it I will figure sumting out we just don't have the best mechanics in darwin for performance cars. Sorry to bother you
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

i love the new title :lol:
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

hey ben why would you want to make it lower wouldn't the pipe then rub against the rack or are you going to make it lower so where that pipe connects will be under the steering rack man?
You fell like getting 2 made up man
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

hey ben was having a think could u replace the hard piping with a braided one which would be smaller and slide past the steering rack and u could then bend it around were u need 2
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

nvr2low wrote: hey ben was having a think could you replace the hard piping with a braided one which would be smaller and slide past the steering rack and you could then bend it around were you need 2
A braided manifold???

are you serious?

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

What the hell sam no I mean braided oil line
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

nvr2low wrote:What the hell sam no I mean braided oil line
Where did that come from?

nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

no sam what i mean is the pipe that is hitting the steering rack could u take the solid pipe out and make the same pipe in a braided hose so u can flex it around the steering rack
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Isnt it the lower pipe on the manifold that hitting the rack?

nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

hey ben mate just a question which pipe hits the steering rack is it a pipe off the turbo. i looked at my back turbo and the only 2 pipes i can see are the ones on the opposite side from the pipe u say hits the steering rack i will put 2 pics up in my thread
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

nvr2low wrote:hey ben mate just a question which pipe hits the steering rack is it a pipe off the turbo. i looked at my back turbo and the only 2 pipes i can see are the ones on the opposite side from the pipe you say hits the steering rack i will put 2 pics up in my thread
1 full stop is better than none... but keep trying dude....

AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

nvr2low wrote:hey ben mate just a question which pipe hits the steering rack is it a pipe off the turbo. i looked at my back turbo and the only 2 pipes i can see are the ones on the opposite side from the pipe you say hits the steering rack i will put 2 pics up in my thread
what language do i put in to babblefish to translate to english?
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

nah ben i mean the manifold turn that 180 degerees my mechanic reckons that will work man. He was looking at if he turns the manifold to point down not up then it will be closer to the block of the motor and still higher than the sump have a look at this man if you can turn the manifold 180 degress then rebolt the turbo on u save some money that is if it works lol. how much would it be that is what will make y mind up
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

nvr2low wrote:nah ben i mean the manifold turn that 180 degerees my mechanic reckons that will work man. He was looking at if he turns the manifold to point down not up then it will be closer to the block of the motor and still higher than the sump have a look at this man if you can turn the manifold 180 degress then rebolt the turbo on you save some money that is if it works lol. how much would it be that is what will make why mind up
2 fullstops now ... your geing there mitchell :lol:
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

hey ben how much did you buy your nos system for. Is their like a part or system number you have to buy it man as i am tempted to put it in my fto with the new motor. What else do you have to buy and get to make this all work?