Crap cut from Bennoz conversion - ask questions here!

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

nvr2low
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by nvr2low »

ok sweet man so you mounted them in the exact same place as before mate very cool. I thought you might have been able to use the big fan on the passenger side mate but I am guessing the turbo hits still. Might have to see were you got them from man so I can buy them.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

nvr2low wrote: wow haha I thought it would be exxy for that engine cover man mine cost me 40 bucks. The cover is like a silicon kind not a hard plastic like the 6a12 cover man. Gotta find the right paint for it.
Thats strange mate... mine is a hard plastic one .. seems harder than the normal ones but possibly a bit thinner..
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

nvr2low wrote: ok sweet man so you mounted them in the exact same place as before mate very cool. I thought you might have been able to use the big fan on the passenger side mate but I am guessing the turbo hits still. Might have to see were you got them from man so I can buy them.
http://www.vpw.com.au/product.asp?CatID ... dID=203384
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

Bennoz wrote:
nvr2low wrote:hey ben man looking through the engine bay pics of your car mate. i seem to see you used the orginal fto fan on the passnenger side mate is this correct and you used a push type fan on the drivers side.
Nope, used 2 x 10inch generic slimline fans mounted in the same place that the standard fans were.
Can you post a pic of that? I really would like to see how you fitted them in aye... not really a fan of where mine are mounted, but I think not worth the effort to relocate mine

By the way, got any templates of your turbo up pipes?
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

ok thanks a million ben will order them when I get home tonyt mate. I hope everything gets here before the motor goes in
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Hoping to get the car back today, so I might be able to do pics / templates.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

nvr2low wrote: ok thanks a million ben will order them when I get home tonyt mate. I hope everything gets here before the motor goes in
FFS your engine still isnt in?
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

nvr2low wrote: ok thanks a million ben will order them when I get home tonyt mate. I hope everything gets here before the motor goes in
There's plenty of work to do before your fans are needed. They are just about the last thing that goes in.
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

yeah I know that ben just want everything ready so the car is complete and they just have to put the wiring loom in.

Nah simon mate goes in next week mate the dum fuckn dude that is second in charge thought I was doin the car myself so it was never booked in to be done.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

nvr2low wrote:
Nah simon mate goes in next week mate the dum fuckn dude that is second in charge thought I was doin the car myself so it was never booked in to be done.
This just keeps getting better & better .. they sounds like a pack of complete wombats mate.. I feel sorry for ya.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Hey mate,

I'm getting a bit of a fluctuation @ idle .. 'tis a bit lumpy & at first I just put it down to it being "one of those things" that happen with a turbo

Starting to think that it isn't tuned right though.. isn't it a sign that the mixture is too lean @ idle?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Might be those plugs breaking down even further mate..
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

true enough .. will see how badly they've been fouling on me when I crack her open ..

What is the story with your coil packs? Are the workshop going to be replacing them with some aftermarket ones? If so, what type & how much? (Kempy's does the OEM ones, $125 each, or 3 for $300 if you're staying OEM)

I'm thinking I might just keep on with the ones I have on there right now (I don't think they're giving me any issues - but will wait & see)

Let me know how you go with the coil packs & if the leads from I.C.E. ignition are compatible with them etc
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

Have you checked your fuel map? Sounds like a nasty hole. That's why you are loading in third!

j/k, but seriously, sounds like you may be overfuelling at idle. Have you had a chance to get it in for a tune session on the dyno yet?
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

FTEvolution wrote:Have you checked your fuel map? Sounds like a nasty hole. That's why you are loading in third!
Is that a F&F quote?
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

mr-charisma wrote:
FTEvolution wrote:Have you checked your fuel map? Sounds like a nasty hole. That's why you are loading in third!
Is that a F&F quote?
Sorry, I am still miffed by the inclusion of all the sh*tty cliches in the 4th movie, but they didn't have that priceless one :D

Was the little VW driving white boy as they pulled up at the sandwich shop, looking at Vince's Maxima

(this one may be wrong)

"Just tune another millisecond on the NOS timer and you'll run 9's" :facepalm:

Smooth and sleepy

yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

This question goes to bennoz or anyone that knows ppl...but how much did the high-flowing of your turbo's cost you??
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

About $500 each from memory.
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

I'm not too sure what type of bearing the 6a13 turbo's have but when it was high flowed did they replace it with ball bearings? Is that mate's rate as well??
maddenitrous

Re: Crap cut from Bennoz conversion - ask questions here!

Post by maddenitrous »

Hey Ben,
Just my FTO the other week and the legnum half cut is on its way , could you please give more info on modifying the wategate actuators or who can do it?, great job btw