Crap cut from Bennoz conversion - ask questions here!

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Bennoz
National President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Bennoz »

Shame its so f*cken ugly thou :?
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

True, but there are other options .. not sure about pricing.. but;
http://www.aclperformance.com.au/prod_heatshield.htm
http://www.heatshieldproducts.com/lava_mat.php
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Hey mate,

Have you gotten some Magnecor leads made up for your new engine?

If so, how much incl fitting?

Also,

How much did the new plastic engine cover cost you?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

mr-charisma wrote:Hey mate,

Also,

**shakes head**
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

I8A4RE wrote:

Also,

**shakes head**
don't you mean :facepalm:
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

MAD-FTO wrote:
I8A4RE wrote:

Also,

**shakes head**
don't you mean :facepalm:
¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿

This thread IS for QUESTIONS right?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

If you actually read his thread you would know what i mean :lol:
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

lol :lol:

Just to save you learning to read, I'll tell you. Magnecor leads are no good for use with a majority of aftermarket standa alone ECU's. The give off far too much interference, I had to have a set from ICE Iginition in Melbourne specifically made up with silicone surpression. As far as a fitting cost I couldn't tell you. I already had the motor in peices when I put them on... and that takes all of 2 minutes when the manifold is already off.

Engine cover is coming from Japan. Will end up being about $300 landed I'd say.
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

wow haha I thought it would be exxy for that engine cover man mine cost me 40 bucks. The cover is like a silicon kind not a hard plastic like the 6a12 cover man. Gotta find the right paint for it.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

I've read through the thread Simon.. the reason I asked was because I was wondering if the magnecor leads in all the pics were a custom job for 6a13, or if he was just using his old ones..

..didn't notice the part about having the leads swapped over because of interference though, thanks Ben :)
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Bennoz wrote:lol :lol:

Just to save you learning to read, I'll tell you. Magnecor leads are no good for use with a majority of aftermarket standa alone ECU's. The give off far too much interference, I had to have a set from ICE Iginition in Melbourne specifically made up with silicone surpression. As far as a fitting cost I couldn't tell you. I already had the motor in peices when I put them on... and that takes all of 2 minutes when the manifold is already off.

I've just been reading through the FAQ's on the Magnecor website & they claim that their ignition leads are the ducks nuts of all ignition leads ... providing far superior EMI suppression than all of their competitors etc etc..

Could it be that the Magnecor leads you were using / quoted on were the older versions without the additional suppression material?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

mr-charisma wrote:
Bennoz wrote:lol :lol:

I've just been reading through the FAQ's on the Magnecor website & they claim that their ignition leads are the ducks nuts of all ignition leads ... providing far superior EMI suppression than all of their competitors etc etc..

Could it be that the Magnecor leads you were using / quoted on were the older versions without the additional suppression material?
EMI supression is very different to silicone surpression.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Bennoz wrote:EMI supression is very different to silicone surpression.
Did ya get my pm bitch? Only asking cause people have been complaining that pm aint going through to me
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Bennoz wrote:
\
Magnecor CN Series Wires can also be used on street vehicles that suffer extreme EMI problems from badly designed and easily-spiked engine management systems, and are normally supplied as the only alternative in Magnecor wire sets supplied for engines known to suffer these problems.

The insulating jacket is identical to those used for our KV85 Competition and R-100 Ignition Race Wires.
We always recommend use of our Race Wires for any stock or modified late model street engine that is electronically managed, however most other modified or street engines can also use our Race Wires to improve ignition performance
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I8A4RE wrote:
Bennoz wrote:EMI supression is very different to silicone surpression.
Did ya get my pm bitch? Only asking cause people have been complaining that pm aint going through to me
I did. Will ship everything tomorrow.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

mr-charisma wrote:
Bennoz wrote:
\
Magnecor CN Series Wires can also be used on street vehicles that suffer extreme EMI problems from badly designed and easily-spiked engine management systems, and are normally supplied as the only alternative in Magnecor wire sets supplied for engines known to suffer these problems.

The insulating jacket is identical to those used for our KV85 Competition and R-100 Ignition Race Wires.
We always recommend use of our Race Wires for any stock or modified late model street engine that is electronically managed, however most other modified or street engines can also use our Race Wires to improve ignition performance
Stop trawling the internet & speak to experienced tuners. Websites can claim all manner of wonderful things for their products. Both of those products are pure silicone centre, for use with Haltech they have to be twisted core type.

I got replacement leads from these guys:
ICE Iginition (03) 9532 6000 (speak to Michael)
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

^^^^^^^ bahahaha owned.

Didnt you know benny, since he owns a turbo he is now an expert :lol:
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

hey ben man looking through the engine bay pics of your car mate. i seem to see you used the orginal fto fan on the passnenger side mate is this correct and you used a push type fan on the drivers side.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Not claiming to be an expert Simon .. now get back in ya box! :lol:

Ben, does this go for all ECU's or just the Haltech's? I'm running Microtech.

Will give them a call.. but you do realise that tuners will tell you anything to make a buck as well..
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

nvr2low wrote:hey ben man looking through the engine bay pics of your car mate. i seem to see you used the orginal fto fan on the passnenger side mate is this correct and you used a push type fan on the drivers side.
Nope, used 2 x 10inch generic slimline fans mounted in the same place that the standard fans were.
Mr Charisma wrote:Ben, does this go for all ECU's or just the Haltech's? I'm running Microtech.
Applies to a point all ECU's that are sensisitive to such things. Haltech in particular. Mind you I have heard Microtech can be a bit the same.
Mr Charisma wrote:but you do realise that tuners will tell you anything to make a buck as well..
True, but not really relevant when Im the one sourcing, buying & fitting the parts in question.