Crap cut from Bennoz conversion - ask questions here!

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Bennoz
National President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Bennoz »

Unfortunately the workshop missed the pickup yesterday, so it will be leaving today. You'll get it tomorrow, sorry about all the f*cking around.

I've also PM'ed you a copy of the invoice (which you've already paid) for your reference.

If you have any problems with it let me know. If you cant get hold of me, just ring the workshop on the invoice.
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

nah bud don't worry about it man you have been the biggest help thanks for all of it man. So the manifold should be here tomorow is that correct man. If that is correct they should be able to start my car tommorow.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Yep, thats right.

Mind you, they got plenty to keep them occupied before they even think about putting the motor in. Have they done the clutch & put the FTO gearbox on the motor yet? Or you just dropping off the car & a 6A13 on a crate?
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

they are doin everything that has to be done man to make it all work I have bought all the parts but. So just labour and some little parts they will need
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

hey buddy do you know what frieght company they used to send it. It just isint here yet and maybe they had a tracking number?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Just rang the shop, they do have the number, but they gotta find it. F*cking mechanics & paperwork...

They can send me invoices f*cking quickly thou!
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

ok buddy thanks for that man get it to me when ya find out it may gt here 2morow
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

sweet ben hope it starts first time. Don't forget to gt that tracking number off them man
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Bennoz wrote:No worries :thumright:

Now I can clean the 4 page manifold discussion outta my thread :lol:
hahaha
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Kinda off topic - Since so many people are interested in a turbo, why aren't people jumping up and down to buy kermut's one?
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

sublime19 wrote:Kinda off topic - Since so many people are interested in a turbo, why aren't people jumping up and down to buy kermut's one?
Who's jumping up and down? My thread was so quiet at one stage i was going to stop posting as i thought no one was interested 8O I think everybody who wants to do it (and can legally) ...... is doing it. :lol:
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Lol I said why AREN'T people jumping up and down - learn to read noob! lol

Anyway - if somebody was to buy kermut's will they not be able to get a RWC; is that what you're implying about the legal bit?
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

sublime19 wrote:Lol I said why AREN'T people jumping up and down - learn to read noob! lol

Anyway - if somebody was to buy kermut's will they not be able to get a RWC; is that what you're implying about the legal bit?
:lol: I Walked into that one :lol:

No i meant, who's license permitted eg Non "P" platers.

They should definitly be able to get it RWC after the get it certified by an engineer
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Are you keeping the stock front bumper on your car or swapping it for aftermarket to show off the FMIC? :?:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

mr-charisma wrote:Are you keeping the stock front bumper on your car or swapping it for aftermarket to show off the FMIC? :?:
This is ben we are talking about here.

He will be hiding it nicely away behind the stock front bar. ;) Ssshhhhhhh, it a sleeper :twisted:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

^^This^^ :)

I dont need any more unwanted attention, especially with 10 grands worth of fines I could cop for the nos in the boot!
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

smart move '_'

stock looks better anyways i reckon :P
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Bennoz wrote:^^This^^ :)

I dont need any more unwanted attention, especially with 10 grands worth of fines I could cop for the nos in the boot!
Came across this & thought it was pretty cool .. tis from an Elise turbo build
With the shroud all welded to it, I wanted the intercooler to look like it was supposed to be there, so like other parts, I painted it. This time I used the black wrinkle finish. As you can see from the pics, it looks OEM.[/quote}
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

this might be of interest as well;
To ensure all the oil and coolant lines never had a problem with melting, I used quite a bit of our PERRIN Pyroshield to cover everything. This cover is good to 2000 degrees, and keeps the internal hose under its melting point. This ensures that there will be no issues with hoses melting or blowing off.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

^^^^^

Pyroshield stuff would be a must for some stuff, as well as braided lines ..

I might need to get some for my windscreen washer hoses .. they were just fixed up, but now they're melted through again.. :P