should i turbo?

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mivec_lancer
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

should i turbo?

Post by mivec_lancer »

hey guys and girls i have a 6a12 in my lancer i have just enough room for turbo just just wondering if it worth it and how much would it be and would i need to upgrade computer etc
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

mate read the turbo section there is about million different threads all asking the same questions
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

10 Grand.
oodLes
Mechanic

Post by oodLes »

Sell car buy s15/older evo

Done and done
Tippin
Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

Do it! turbo the lancer! :roll:
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Bennoz wrote:10 Grand.
lol .. had to be said.
mivec_lancer
Apprentice

lol

Post by mivec_lancer »

lol y do i get feelin most use dont like the lancer lol
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

its what you like not other ppl.
any way the lancer you can change to a awd with less truble :twisted:
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

any lancer with an FTO engine is ok by me
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

:lol:

Its not the lancer, we like most anything with a Mitsi badge on it. Its the turboing of a 6A12 motor..
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Bennoz wrote::lol:

Its not the lancer, we like most anything with a Mitsi badge on it. Its the turboing of a 6A12 motor..
F&*K YOU
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

Bennoz wrote::lol:

+1

You'll need a lot of spare cash lying around to turbo a 6a12, just browse the turbo thread and see how much these guys spent on theirs.

Or

Take the 6a12 out and put a 6a13 in then convert to AWD. DONE :D
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

koolio1234 wrote:Take the 6a12 out and put a 6a13 in then convert to AWD. DONE :D
Yeah cause that doesnt cost much :roll:
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

I8A4RE wrote:
koolio1234 wrote:Take the 6a12 out and put a 6a13 in then convert to AWD. DONE :D
I think it may be cheeper in the long run :lol:
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

If you are looking at turbo ... Don't waste your time with the FTO engine ...

You have a lancer yeah ... Not sure if you said what gen you have, but the 4g63 is a better fit.. Mounts off the shelf will see that sucker bounce straight in...

Then if you wanna go AWD, hit up Meek.com.au, and they can tell you how much the conversion is, cause they do it... + you will get more products for the 4g63 + better fit, plus lighter, + easy to get more power and a tuner ...

just my $0.02
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

aza013 wrote:
I8A4RE wrote:
I think it may be cheeper in the long run :lol:
Plus less f**ing around, lancer engine bays are bigger than ftos. Not pretending that 6a13 conversion is cheaper I just think that If your gonna splurge on a turbo might as well get a better suited engine for a turbo........less problems down the track and more power :twisted:
rock_it wrote:If you are looking at turbo ... Don't waste your time with the FTO engine ...

You have a lancer yeah ... Not sure if you said what gen you have, but the 4g63 is a better fit.. Mounts off the shelf will see that sucker bounce ]straight in...

Then if you wanna go AWD, hit up Meek.com.au, and they can tell you how much the conversion is, cause they do it... + you will get more products for the 4g63 + better fit, plus lighter, + easy to get more power and a tuner ...

just my $0.02

Even better Idea!
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

rock_it wrote:If you are looking at turbo ... Don't waste your time with the FTO engine ...

You have a lancer yeah ... Not sure if you said what gen you have, but the 4g63 is a better fit.. Mounts off the shelf will see that sucker bounce straight in...

just my $0.02
I cant believe he didnt do that in the first place. I would have never gone with a fto engine
mivec_lancer
Apprentice

Post by mivec_lancer »

i brought it withv6 already under it i have been quoted 6 grand to super charge it and 9 for turbo i like it because it one of kind so far i have never seen v6 under lancer if u know were one is i would love to see it and see how dif it is to mine :D
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

There's quite a few about actually :) Haven't seen any of the boys around for a while thou..

Do a search for 'mivec and lancer' and it'll bring them up.
mivec_lancer
Apprentice

Post by mivec_lancer »

ok sweet ill take a look. what the problem with mivec and turbo my mate has a 1.6 mivec with turbo it goes like shower of sh*t ?