need help with my turbo 6a12

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

fatwgn
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

need help with my turbo 6a12

Post by fatwgn »

hey guys i'm just about to drop a 6a12tt into my cc lancer coupe that is already awd, it is the 6a12tt out of a galant, the ones before the legnum shape and is the mirror image motor of the fto engine (timing belt faces the right chasis rail when looking towards back of car). It already has a custom intake and exhaust with a single gt35r on it, i was just wondering what other mods i can do to it? i'm finding it hard to find any parts for it as it looks like not many people use this motor.

I am trying to find some forged internals, main and big end bearings, head gaskets(performance ones), 272 cams, vavles, springs etc, aftermarket computer (haltec), better oil pump, better water pump, rebuild kit with all the gaskets etc, better coilpacks, better leads where can i get these from without paying heaps for custom ones?

can i use the parts from a fto 6a12 like the mivec heads or any other parts?

any help will be great guys, i'm trying to make this thing a weapon thanks in advance
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

You wont be able to use mivec heads
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I can answer most of those, but the answers & prices will depend on the following question: Are you the kind of guy that just wants to click on a website item & have it delivered or are you the kind of guy that will go to fabrication workshops & have parts made? I ask because there are very few suppliers around that do some of the parts you are after off the shelf & they are f**king expensive.

Plus yeah on the mivec topic, steer well clear of a Mivec head if you have a hairdryer.
fatwgn
Apprentice

Post by fatwgn »

ok sweet will keep away from mivec. I would go to a custom fab shop if i have to looks like rpw does the cams, headgaskets, spark pugs and leads, may also have a place that will make the rods and pistons for me for 1900
fto-007
Grease Monkey

Re: need help with my turbo 6a12

Post by fto-007 »

custom pistons and rods for $1900 where are you getting these from? :P
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Re: need help with my turbo 6a12

Post by SG »

You cant/shouldnt use the heads because of oil starvation...

You can fit a lighter crank pulley + alt pulley they will fit being a 6a12. rb-performance.co.uk