FTO GR 6A13TT Conversion

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

justbecause
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

FTO GR 6A13TT Conversion

Post by justbecause »

My Plan is to Turbocharge my FTO below are the details I'm planning to work with tell me what you guys think?

1. 6A13tt Tranplant. This will take the capacity from 2 litres to 2.5 litres.

2. Turbo. I want to probably put a single Garrett T28 turbo.

3. Intercooler . A must for this setup. (front mounted ofcourse) with Core Dimensions: 23"L x 12"H

4. Fuel System. A WALBRO 255 LPH fuel pump and upgrading all 6 injectors to 850cc. & fuel reg.

5. ECU . Haltech E6k ECU

6. Tranny. 5 Speed Manual Gearbox (Tiptronic will use for a while but i'm sure its gonna break)

7. Brakes. Black Diamond Combi Brake Discs - Doesn't like top stop right now much-less to this huge upgrade

8. BOV - Dual Type RS Turbo Blow Off Valve on 2.5" Dual Adapter Flange Pipe

9. Oil Catch can - LOL

10. Gauges

52mm TINTED LED AIR/FUEL RATIO & VOLT METER COMBO GAUGE

52mm BLUE DIGITAL BOOST & EXHAUST GAS TEMP COMBO GAUGE

5" TACHOMETER UNIVERSAL JDM 4 IN 1 GAUGE W/ SHIFT LIGHT

11. Cooling

30-ROW ENGINE OIL COOLER+FILTER RELOCATION

10" Fan-cooled Transmission Oil Cooler, 8-tubes

7" UNIVERSAL SLIM ELECTRIC (Engine Oil Cooler)

2X 10" 1550 CFM Slim / Thin 12V Radiator Cooling Fan

More Info coming soon but I'm open for suggestions...[/b]
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

looks great mate.
you will have a lot easier time making the engine fit if you go 1 turbo as putting in 2 like ben and i have done you need custom rear manifold and dump pipe.

btw how damn new does your motor look mate looks good.
justbecause
Apprentice

Post by justbecause »

nvr2low wrote:looks great mate.
you will have a lot easier time making the engine fit if you go 1 turbo as putting in 2 like ben and i have done you need custom rear manifold and dump pipe.

btw how damn new does your motor look mate looks good.
lol lol yes motor is in excellent shape.... :D only 22K on the ODO. not one oil leak.. I was impressed when i saw it I took it right away... starts like a dream...

I got it for exactly 3000 Aussie bucks shipped and delivered in my hands its complete with all electronics, pumps, turbos, starting motor, tranny and all ecu although i dont need the tranny.... was from a front cut... I even got the complete axles, suspension arms etc...

do you have your car up on the forum?? like I said I'm open to any help...
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

yeah man I converted mine to the 6a13tt but I kept both turbos and it was a nice struggle to make it all fit and work. Their is also a video of my car at the drags 2 in the general section.
Man that is a bloody great kms on the motor. I got mine 1800 delieverd for everything but no box.
If your defently going to single turbo man you should have no damn trouble at all having the motor fit as it is the same as the 6a12. Your just going to have to put the battery in the boot which I didn't mine is still in the engine bay.
Are you doin all the work urself or is it going to a shop? I did a lot of the work myself but had the wiring loom done by a shop.
Good luck my post on the car is in this turbo section under nvr2low 6a13tt converstaion.
Tippin
Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

great setup mate, sorry if i mis-read but do you already have these parts? i reckon if your going for a single turbo you can afford to go even bigger, a gt35r would be great (you will have to look at getting a whole lot more grip though)

you putting it together yourself or taking it to a shop?
justbecause
Apprentice

Post by justbecause »

nvr2low wrote: yeah man I converted mine to the 6a13tt but I kept both turbos and it was a nice struggle to make it all fit and work. Their is also a video of my car at the drags 2 in the general section.
Man that is a bloody great kms on the motor. I got mine 1800 delieverd for everything but no box.
If your defently going to single turbo man you should have no damn trouble at all having the motor fit as it is the same as the 6a12. Your just going to have to put the battery in the boot which I didn't mine is still in the engine bay.
Are you doin all the work urself or is it going to a shop? I did a lot of the work myself but had the wiring loom done by a shop.
Good luck my post on the car is in this turbo section under nvr2low 6a13tt converstaion.
Thanks!!
I had to have my motor shipped from another country and duty was involved other than that the motor package
was about the same 1800 less the customs duty, vat etc.... I am seriously sticking to the single turbo setup... I dont
really favor messing with the brake lines... the battery relocation is ok.... I'm doing all the work myself... I am pretty
good with electronics I already have the wire diagram for the original ecu... and fitting the motor is a no brainer...

I do most of my mechanics myself for over 5 years now... I just stay away from going into the engine itself... I leave
that for the shops, but straight forwards fits and wiring is one of my specialities... the GR and VR4 wiring is pretty
identical except for one or two wires... I have already placed my 6A13TT ECU in the car with the 6A12 Engine and the
car works fine mate..... well except it doesn't cut on the rad fans and the Tranny ECU complains that there is a
communications failure with engine ecu... but bloody hell the car works better in performance... oh and the tranny
shifts hard because of the mis-communication with ECU but TIP Mode was fine... well the transformation begins
next weekend when I have some free time on hand... hardest part is fitting the engine and the plumbing; after that
it should be just the electronics....
justbecause
Apprentice

Post by justbecause »

Tippin wrote:great setup mate, sorry if i mis-read but do you already have these parts? i reckon if your going for a single turbo you can afford to go even bigger, a gt35r would be great (you will have to look at getting a whole lot more grip though)

you putting it together yourself or taking it to a shop?
Don't have Turbo yet mate.... but going single definitely see ^^^^^^^^

GT35r is pretty pricey... I'll see how the pocket goes on that one....
justbecause
Apprentice

Just Some Updates

Post by justbecause »

First of all I wanna thank Richard Batty for his supportive help.... he has been feeding me with valuable information... great guy he is...

Shipper Called My My Engine Has Finally Arrived :D:D:D:D:D::D:D:D::D

Last time i saw it was two week ago when i went to inspect it.... :D :D

The Work begins this weekend :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I got some new stuff.....
I changed my Turbo I got the following this week

Turbo to a T3/T4 Turbo...... w/ V-band Clamp & Flang

T3 Steel Turbo Flange 3/8" CNC Machined

T3/T4 OIL FEED LINE & TURBO OIL DRAIN RETURN KIT

WALBRO 255 LPH fuel pump

Rx Billet Aluminum High Flow Fuel Filter

(2) 10m Heat Wrap
Image[/b]
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Nice 8) Should get some big power with that.
justbecause
Apprentice

Working on my Engine

Post by justbecause »

Well I forget to take pics before i start to bust it down.... but it the same pic in post 1 anyways so yeah here are the shots and progress

I'm cleaning up the engine and remove what I'm not going to use..

gotta block up on the oil lines since it was twin turbo and I'm going single..

also gotta close the water lines off....

I wanna paint up the valve pan covers, intake manifold, fuel rail...

change the timing belt and pulleys etc...

[img]
justbecause
Apprentice

Just Some Updates on Engine Work

Post by justbecause »

Changed Water Pump, Timing Pulleys, Belts, Valve Pan Seals etc...

Image[/b]
justbecause
Apprentice

FlyWheel

Post by justbecause »

nice, light & thin...

aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

This is coming along great :twisted:
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

seems to be progressing a little too quick....are you sure you are doing a 6a13 conversion into an fto :lol:
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
justbecause
Apprentice

Post by justbecause »

aza013 wrote:This is coming along great :twisted:
thanks
justbecause
Apprentice

Post by justbecause »

koolio1234 wrote:seems to be progressing a little too quick....are you sure you are doing a 6a13 conversion into an fto :lol:
yep.... FTO GR....

doing the work myself.... :D :D
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

koolio1234 wrote:seems to be progressing a little too quick....are you sure you are doing a 6a13 conversion into an fto :lol:
don't forget that the hard part is getting it into the car this stage is the good part.
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

should be easy aza as he is using one turbo not 2
justbecause
Apprentice

Post by justbecause »

aza013 wrote:
don't forget that the hard part is getting it into the car this stage is the good part.
Single Turbo... shouldn't it be a direct bolt to the existing mounts????
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Thats right I forgot you where only running the one turbo ( gives self a :facepalm: )