FTO GR 6A13TT Conversion

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

justbecause
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by justbecause »

I ran into an issue though... the damn flywheel is 1/2 to big so thats bringing some delays..... its more for an EVO some number....

So I resort to the Fidanza Aluminum Flywheels

Ultra Light and weighs only 8 lbs
SFI approved 2 part design with replaceable clutch contact plate delivers the highest quality and longest service life of any flywheel available.

Fidanza Aluminum Flywheels are made using the highest quality, most modern materials available. The flywheel itself is made from 6061 T6 billet aluminum. It is CNC machined at a constant surface speed for durability and finish. The friction surface is very special. Fidanza uses a 1050 high carbon, alloy steel. It is incredibly durable, allowing the user to use just about any clutch disc material available. The friction plate can be machined or replaced as needed. The plates are secured with 16-20 hardened aircraft quality screws with self locking nuts which prevent any warping. Fidanza uses hardened ring gears that are swarted to the flywheel with button head screws that are counter board between the flywheel and ring gear to prevent any possible slippage. The mass at the center of the flywheel is retained for strength, but the mass at the outside is eliminated for optimum performance.

and The F1 Racing Xtreme FRX300 clutch kit

Horsepower Rating: 463 HP / Torque Capacity: 412 ft/lbs

The F1 Racing Xtreme FRX300 clutch kit utilizes an extreme clamp load pressure plate paired with a 6-puck spung-hub clutch disc. This is an excellent solution for high horsepower vehicles looking for a quick clutch engagement. The spring hub serves as a torsional damper that absorbs the shock of a harsh engagement in order to protect the transmission. The ceramic material is lightweight and has, on average, a coefficient of friction 28% higher than that of organic discs. The Xtreme pressure plate has a higher clamp load than our Performance series, resulting in even higher torque capacity.

The info is for anyone interested in the product....
naughtika
Apprentice

Post by naughtika »

if that flywheel is suited for an evo and you'll be using it for tha 6A13, I think you'll be needing to get spacers made up..

and when you do.. do you mind telling us what the dimensions are of that spacer? pretty please?
justbecause
Apprentice

Post by justbecause »

naughtika wrote:if that flywheel is suited for an evo and you'll be using it for tha 6A13, I think you'll be needing to get spacers made up..

and when you do.. do you mind telling us what the dimensions are of that spacer? pretty please?
No the Fidanza will bolt directly..... the first one did to but it was 11 1/2" the 6a13 req 11"

as for the spacer a guy sell them i can give you his email addy...
n.mann@mrandmrsmann.co.uk tell him you need Evo Flywheel Converter Kit.

and you got his address from antiguangenius@aol.com....
naughtika
Apprentice

Post by naughtika »

justbecause wrote:
naughtika wrote:if that flywheel is suited for an evo and you'll be using it for tha 6A13, I think you'll be needing to get spacers made up..

No the Fidanza will bolt directly..... the first one did to but it was 11 1/2" the 6a13 req 11"

do you mind pm'ing me his details please?
justbecause
Apprentice

Post by justbecause »

naughtika wrote:
justbecause wrote:

his email is right there.... just email the dude.....
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

naughtika wrote:
justbecause wrote:

:facepalm: bahahahaha
naughtika
Apprentice

Post by naughtika »

I8A4RE wrote:
naughtika wrote:
justbecause wrote:

:facepalm: bahahahaha
yeah i deserved that.. LOL

.. shuddup :)
justbecause
Apprentice

Drive Part Parts Has Arrived :)

Post by justbecause »

Ok the Flywheel and clutch kit has come in so this weekend should make some serious progress... gonna try to remove the current V6 2.0L Motor, Tip-Tronic Automatic Tranny and shifter... hopefully there is no more bottle necks as far as placing the motor and 5sp manual in...... after thats cool time to wire up the electronics (harness, alternator, AC, coils, injectors, sensors etc)... oh yeah and all the other goodies like oil cooler, fuel pressure reg, wal 255 pump, fans filter blah blah blah, gonna try to fire it up on some test plugs as i wait for my Denso Iridium IK24 Plugs :D Order them today... man they skip my mind when i was ordering the drive train kit wednesday night..... chups... lol.... monday is holiday in the US....

oh well I will just wire up all the wire harness, gauges and sensors etc while i wait on that.....

justbecause
Apprentice

Engine is Out!!!! Another bottle neck...

Post by justbecause »

Well The Previous 2.0L Motor and Trip Tranny is out!!!

Dashboards is giving hells to remove... wire harness is giving hells to...

Flywheel bolts to short... due to the thickness of the New Aluminum Flywheel...

Gearbox fits BUT the starting motor hump is on the top right as oppose to the bottom left....

My Gawd!!!!! what's next???? D@mn bottle necks...... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Problems!!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

wrong box sorry to say mate

Whats it out of?
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
naughtika
Apprentice

Post by naughtika »

were you not supplied with the longer bolts? or do you need longer ones again?!
justbecause
Apprentice

Post by justbecause »

naughtika wrote:were you not supplied with the longer bolts? or do you need longer ones again?!
Made them
justbecause
Apprentice

Lots of Updates.....

Post by justbecause »

Site is back.... wow.... lots of updates....

On Sept 07 2009
well i go rid of the bottlenecks... :D :D :D :D

Since I am the only FTO owner in my country was hard to get access ta FTO Box so I used a lancer manual box model F5M41 which is identical to the FTO F5M42 only diff is that the F5M42 has two staring motor humps one at the top and one at the bottom... so i had to do some fabs

the aluminum spaces is needed in the 6a13 engines because the crank shaft has a liping that sticks out so the flywheel doesn't sit flush so notice the spacer has a big circle in the middle thats to go over the lipping to make the flywheel sit flush...

Notice the spacer in the flywheel as appose to the previous pics of the flywheel.....

The Spacer and bolts was done locally

Last edited by justbecause on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
justbecause
Apprentice

Post by justbecause »

On Sept 10th 2009

Well here are some pics of the engine in....

well as you see it just pinned in since we dropped it in after 10 pm...
today we should be tieing up the rest of it....

the last pic is after i cleaned the gearbox.... it was really dirty.....

PS: The Mounts are not busted, I just packed with 5200 to help save them for popping.....

On Sept 11 2009

filter wouldn't fit so i needed to get some fab done up... see pics
almost forget to block up the factory turbo return hole in the back of the engine...

i'm gonna use the front return hole and the feed from the top of the gearbox...
the second feed was on the factory oil filter relocator which removed to install my oil cooler kit.... pics will be featured soon...

justbecause
Apprentice

Post by justbecause »

Sept 12 2009

It's Alive!!!!!!!!!

[/img]
justbecause
Apprentice

Video of Engine Roaring

Post by justbecause »

justbecause
Apprentice

Gauges!!!!

Post by justbecause »

Gauges are dual each, Volt and A/F next one is Boost and EGT....

EGT and Boost not connected yet so the display is at default...

the A/F and Volt is currently active....

Off

On
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

That is absoluely amazing, almost seems like you put the project together in a day 8O ....its absolute lunacy. Well done :thumleft:
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
justbecause
Apprentice

Post by justbecause »

koolio1234 wrote:That is absoluely amazing, almost seems like you put the project together in a day 8O ....its absolute lunacy. Well done :thumleft:
thanks didnt take a day though.... lol... the car is still in the N/A State turbo piping will take another few days..... lol....
Ferrus
Apprentice

Post by Ferrus »

nice work! Hmmm tempted to follow suit...