Ria's Turbo FTO - Where to start??

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Ria01
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Ria's Turbo FTO - Where to start??

Post by Ria01 »

Hey people!

After much thought and consideration on the holidays and since I've got money to burn after working long hours over Christmas I want to do something different this year and start my own project! Making my 95 FTO GPX Mivec a twin turbo. But I've been researching it and there's not really a lot of sites with information about turning your FTO into a turbo.

Thought you could help me with where to start first? If you could answer my following questions that would be sweet as! :)

1. What turbo do I use in my GPX? (It's V6 AUTO TRIPTRONIC)
2. Is there a twin turbo engine specifically for the FTO and can it be installed into the GPX?
3. Is it a MIVEC twin turbo?
4. Would I have to change my whole engine bay to install it?
5. Would the compression ratio be greatly different?

Thank you! :D
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Just go & buy a VR4 Galant halfcut & use the 6A13 twin turbo it comes with. Mivec engines simply dont like having their induction forced.

Here's how to do it:
http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... ic&t=15644

:lol:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

^^^^^ This..... If you have 20k and 2 years of driving another car lol.

First off.
1) Whats your budget
2) Why twin turbo??? Go single turbo more and it will cost less
3) What are you wanting to do a conversion or an install?
4) Why are you worring about compression?
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

Or just buy another member's turbo project that comes up from time to time. Is sam's still for sale atm?

Best turbo bang for your buck :D
Resident Asshole.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yeah f it was working lol
Ria01

Reply: I8A4RE

Post by Ria01 »

Yeah Ese, I have more than 2 yrs of driving another car hahaha I drive around my bois 180sx when im bored driving round my fto.

To answer your questions:

1. I have over 20K to spend thanks :)
2. Why TWIN TURBO?? Cos I can :D
3. I'll probably end up doing a conversion
4. WHY WORRY ABOUT COMPRESSION? Because I technically dont wont to screw up with the engine I already have. If I decide to go with the conversion I want to make sure my car can handle it. Cos I love my baby :D

:D :D
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Re: Reply: I8A4RE

Post by I8A4RE »

Ria01 wrote:Yeah Ese, I have more than 2 yrs of driving another car hahaha I drive around my bois 180sx when im bored driving round my fto.

To answer your questions:

1. I have over 20K to spend thanks :)
2. Why TWIN TURBO?? Cos I can :D
3. I'll probably end up doing a conversion
4. WHY WORRY ABOUT COMPRESSION? Because I technically dont wont to screw up with the engine I already have. If I decide to go with the conversion I want to make sure my car can handle it. Cos I love my baby :D

:D :D
2) Cause you can??? Thats the most stupidist thing i have heard. Do you know that 2 turbo's are NOT better than one. Every person (excluding ben cause he has had time yet to figure it out lol) who has done the conversion has then converted to one turbo or atleast wants too.
4) Doing a conversion does not alter the compression lol. If you take a engine with 10:1 compression and put it a car THE COMPRESSION IS STILL 10:1.
Compression has no effect on the chassis of the car, so you dont need to worry about it. But to answer your question yes it would be different. Turbo cars always have a lower compression than NA.

HOW ARE YOU GOING TO SCREW UP YOUR ENGINE THAT YOU HAVE NOW BY DOING A CONVERSION??
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Cleaned up thread.... Keep it on topic guys....

On another note, Mine should be drivable very soon...

would consider FTO+Cash swaps???

Would work out a lot cheaper and quicker than starting from scratch..

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Dude this guy aint even around no more this like from2 months ago lol.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Yeah.. and who are you again? Wandering in bi-annually, doing some moderating for the sole purpose of hocking your car :lol:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Bennoz wrote:Yeah.. and who are you again? Wandering in bi-annually, doing some moderating for the sole purpose of hocking your car :lol:
bahahahaha, i was thinkning the same thing.

oh i will clean this up BTW check out my car :lol:

There is some stuff in the archive room too sam, that if you post in it it will send and email to all these old FTO owners who subscribed to the thread back in 05. who knows maybe some will want to re-live the good ol days and get them selves another fto......

PS just look for the thread with the most post, I know maybe you clean up dannyboy and jeff's turbo thread bahahahahaha
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

You both enjoy taking it up the ass....

At least my post was on topic....

And i actually come on here almost every day... just never have time to write anything of substance...

Got a day off today... so was bored...

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

mah threds.. eets GONE!
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

FTEvolution wrote:mah threds.. eets GONE!
What? :?