I8A4RE Turbo thread: Questions and Comments

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mr-charisma
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by mr-charisma »

nvr2low wrote:haha i know i gave in to temptation and went and did the 6a13tt. Soon as ben started i knew i wanted more power
don't tell me you're trying to keep the Twin Turbo's? Please god, don't say that..
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

I8A4RE wrote:
mr-charisma wrote:So simon .. How long has it actually been so far & now you already have the hunger for more power? :roll: :lol:
Its not that...... But when a opportunity comes up at such a great price you do have to consider it...... I'm sure a lot of people did.

But i have decided to leave as is and consentrate on the evo project
LOL. Nah I remember simon talking about doing the 6a13 conversion yonks ago, even during his turbo install :lol: It's just something that's so tempting when you see a halfcut go for 1500 :D Evo projects definitly gonna be something special though. Pretty sure he owe's his misses a 10sec car :lol: :lol:

p.s. Simon have you thought about taking the lsd out of the limited edition model and chucking it in the green beast?
Last edited by yano on Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

mr-charisma wrote:
nvr2low wrote:haha i know i gave in to temptation and went and did the 6a13tt. Soon as ben started i knew i wanted more power
don't tell me you're trying to keep the Twin Turbo's? Please god, don't say that..
Ease up on nvr2low, he got ben's fabricator to make up the same manifold to accomodate for the twins. Hopefully his mechanics get their fist out and finish it for him :lol:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

mr-charisma wrote:
You know ben is as well....dont you? :?

p.s. Simon have you thought about taking the lsd out of the limited edition model and chucking it in the green beast?
Yeah mate i was under the impression that the gr and gpx boxes are the same so i was just going to swap boxes over. But eddii is saying they are slightly different. So now i dont know.

In the next month or so i want to pull the gpx engine out, do a mild recon on it and sell it (keeping the box of course). I also really want to pull my engine out and get the engine bay painted so i will probably replace all belts and water pump while im there and then she is good for another 100,000.

I also have found everything i need for the evo conversion its just a matter of agreeing on price.... which so far aint going so well
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I8A4RE wrote:Yeah mate i was under the impression that the gr and gpx boxes are the same so i was just going to swap boxes over. But eddii is saying they are slightly different. So now i dont know.
Yeah, but the diff centre will be transfer-able. The difference is in the driveshaft couplings (length.)
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

How are things going with the turbo? Have you come across any probs yet mate?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Red engine bay, tiptronic... few things he's gotta sort :lol:
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

I love my tiptronic Going to miss it there's nothing wrong with it..

As for the engine bay.. Are you getting it professionally painted Simon?
Last edited by mr-charisma on Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

Pretty sure bennoz was reffering to Simon chucking in the tip box from his gpx which has the lsd
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Going Sweet and yes getting engine bay professionally painted.

Love my tip too. Have been driving the misses manual celic while i am getting it ready to sell for her and all i can say is "F&*K ME" im glad i dont drive a manual all the time and seriously dont know how you old guys do it.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I8A4RE wrote:dont know how you old guys do it.
:lol:

Us "old" guys have 10 more kws than you thou :lol:
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

what happened to my post that was here? Simon, did you remove it? :roll:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

mr-charisma wrote:what happened to my post that was here? Simon, did you remove it? :roll:
yas and the rest of the crap that went with it.

So let me get this rite you spam my thread in order to find out where your spam from my thread had gone????? :facepalm:
nosman
Grease Monkey

Post by nosman »

But i have decided to leave as is and consentrate on the evo project
Simon whats this evo project you thinking about? I like the sound of a 4g63 in an FTO if thats whats on your mind hehe
Lukas - Port Macquarie
===========================
1997 Mitsubishi FTO GPX - SOLD
2002 Mitsbishi Lancer Evolution VII RS - NOW

205awkw - YAY!!!
xj265
Mechanic

Post by xj265 »

jimmy1
Apprentice

Post by jimmy1 »

Wow thats an awesome car man. If you ever want to sell it let me know.
SmokeSolid
Grease Monkey

Re: I8A4RE Turbo thread: Questions and Comments

Post by SmokeSolid »

Hi,

What is the original thickness of the head gaskets? 0.8 will decompress the engine?
Best,
S
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

SmokeSolid wrote:Hi,

What is the original thickness of the head gaskets? 0.8 will decompress the engine?
Best,
S
Depends on what year .8 is standard for pre 96 and .30 is from 97 onward which use the mls gaskets.

To lower compression you would be looking at 1.10 which will decrease .5 compression approx.
There are also 1.5 and 2.2 which decrease the compression by 1.0 and 1.5
SmokeSolid
Grease Monkey

Post by SmokeSolid »

I8A4RE wrote:
SmokeSolid wrote:Hi,

Best,
S
Depends on what year .8 is standard for pre 96 and .30 is from 97 onward which use the mls gaskets.

To lower compression you would be looking at 1.10 which will decrease .5 compression approx.
There are also 1.5 and 2.2 which decrease the compression by 1.0 and 1.5

Thanks my friend.

I am what more compression for my engine. I have a 1995 GPX manual. What if I set the 0.30 gaskets in my 1995 engine?

Ive found some 0.6mm gaskets will that be ok with my engine?

Thanks again.
S
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

PM sent