I8A4RE Turbo thread: Questions and Comments

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

rock_it
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by rock_it »

I8A4RE wrote:Yes but why would yo want to loose your a/c? Also by having the piping coming from that side you will have more piping. more piping = more expense
I so agree with A/C ... Funny thing is that there is only a few of us that think like that..

When I was doing the GSR, the mechanic was trying to talk me out of using the AC, as the car came with no lines... Then when the engine was in, the lines had to take a new route... Cost a bit to have it all put back in due to no space left in the engine bay, but it was worth it...
Tippin
Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

I8A4RE wrote:Yes but why would yo want to loose your a/c?
because i never using the thing lol and the heater doesn't work :(
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

tippin9 wrote:
I8A4RE wrote:Yes but why would yo want to loose your a/c?
because i never using the thing lol and the heater doesn't work :(

that will do it :lol:

however you can get it fixed you know ;) :lol:

Seriously if you dont use it, then, yeah get rid of it. However i would still look at keeping the piping on the one side, esecially if your making your piping out of S/S.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

holy crap .. awesome work mate! congrats .. I have been away from this site for too long ..

You going to be able to take me for a spin on the weekend?!
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yeah should be able too.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Tippin
Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

hey dude, how has the car been running so far?

no problems arising i hope ...
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

All i can say is f*&ken wicked. Nah no drama's at all, she is running like a dream. I am offically addicted to boost :D
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

I miss boost ... Gotta put the bloody Lancer on the road ... Grrrrrr ....

Since you have done so well at fabricating this up, do you think you will be able to get some kits going ???
Tippin
Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

rock_it wrote:I miss boost ... Gotta put the bloody Lancer on the road ... Grrrrrr ....

Since you have done so well at fabricating this up, do you think you will be able to get some kits going ???
*intrigued* :D
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

^^^^ Yeah definitly, the more people interested the easier and cheaper it would become too.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

All right prices for anyone that is interested.

Turbo.................................1000
Emanage............................700
Install & Tune......................800
Up and Down Pipes............2000
Intercooler..........................150
Silicone Piping....................100
Intercooler Piping................250
RRFPR................................130
Braided Lines.....................200
3" Exhaust.........................700
BOV...................................300
Final Tune..........................1000
Gauge................................70

Total...................................7400

Driving the car....................Priceless

Dont think i left anything out :?

Some savings could definitly be made as the thing that cost me the most (up and down pipes) can now be fabricated for a fraction of the cost.

Also if i was to do it again, i would have only got it tuned once and there was absolutly no need to go brand new turbo but i did.

Now i know what i know, this job could definitly be done under 5k.

Kept A/C .....................Check
Under 10K....................Check
Kept Tip box.................Check
Last edited by I8A4RE on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Then divide that over the months it took & get the per month figure. That wont be too bad.

Looks like my conversion will hit 10k.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Bennoz wrote:Then divide that over the months it took & get the per month figure. That wont be too bad.

Looks like my conversion will hit 10k.
I think i took it off the road in October (CBF looking back)

7400 / 4 months = $1850 per month

But if you did it over the full time eg when i started buying stuff. I think that was round June

$7400 / 7 months = $1050 per month

or

$139 per KW :lol:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I8A4RE wrote:$139 per KW :lol:
Thats good value! :lol:
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

wow well done simon mate great value. Yeah don't worry ben mate mine will be close to that mark to. But you also did a lot more to urs than mine.
Ps motor finally out.
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

The hottest fto i have ever seen hands down. Great job Simon. 8)
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1071/avatarxj1.jpg[/img][/url]
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Bennoz wrote:
I8A4RE wrote:$139 per KW :lol:
Thats good value! :lol:
Yeah but how many KW's you expecting from yours. I think you will definitly get better value ;)
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

but simon ben has a little red button he can press hehe remmber omg ben I hope u hit over 200atwkw
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

nvr2low wrote: but simon ben has a little red button he can press hehe remmber omg ben I hope you hit over 200atwkw
yeah but even without that he should be getting better KW vs dollar
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Yeah, but not by much...

Say I get my goal of 200 at the wheels, thats a gain of say 80kws give or take for 10 grand. Thats $125 per kw.

With nos (2.5k to install), say I make an additional 50kws, then the total of 130kws is gained for $12,500. Thats $96 bucks a kw :D