Turbo kit for sale

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Brandto
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Turbo kit for sale

Post by Brandto »

Hi all, I'm a new member, even though I've had my 94 GPX for about six or seven years (long enough to have the fun of rebuilding an idle control motor myself). My son has also recently bought a 97 GPX with an HKS Turbo which he has to take off the vehicle (he's a novice driver in Vic and by law is not allowed to have a turbo). It is in great condition and he wants the turbo to go to a good home. Please contact me if interested. He needs to take it off by mid-March 2010. Cheers :)
nathan
Grease Monkey

Post by nathan »

PM sent :D
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Re: Turbo kit for sale

Post by pete_gpx »

Brandto wrote:Hi all, I'm a new member, even though I've had my 94 GPX for about six or seven years (long enough to have the fun of rebuilding an idle control motor myself). My son has also recently bought a 97 GPX with an HKS Turbo which he has to take off the vehicle (he's a novice driver in Vic and by law is not allowed to have a turbo). It is in great condition and he wants the turbo to go to a good home. Please contact me if interested. He needs to take it off by mid-March 2010. Cheers :)
I don't mean to be a tool...

Surely there were enough N/A FTOs to choose from already? Why go to the effort of buying an FTO that's had so much time and money spent on it, to just go ahead and go about undoing it all? Not only would it be time consuming and another, unnecessary, expense, but I would have much rather seen a car like that go to someone who would appreciates it, not someone who would just pull it apart.
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

I agree with you pete

Why not just remove for now until can legaly drive with turbo, the amount of work that goes into tjust slapping a blower on one of these cars is huge, no simplke job.

You can always sell it with car down the track value will certainly be worth more than just standard.

You also have to factor thats its not just removing turbo you have to do also all the other parts incl tuning and discarded factory parts also have to be put back on.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

I'd love to see some pics :D
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

vipfto wrote:I agree with you pete

Why not just remove for now until can legaly drive with turbo, the amount of work that goes into tjust slapping a blower on one of these cars is huge, no simplke job.

You can always sell it with car down the track value will certainly be worth more than just standard.

You also have to factor thats its not just removing turbo you have to do also all the other parts incl tuning and discarded factory parts also have to be put back on.
Yes, yes.. listen to this man, he echoes what I just wrote in the other thread... keep it, be a good dad :)
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

I'm keen .. I wanted to buy it off Dwayne .. :lol:
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

I must admitt it would be a real shame to de-turbo the vehicle just on the amount of history it has.... unless of course it takes to much money to maintain or cant get complied etc.

But hey one mans loss is another mans gain
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

I'd happily swap mine with yours :)

Actually why don't you just do a swap with cash your way?
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

yea id swap mine too
Brandto
Apprentice

My son's angst over turbo

Post by Brandto »

WOW, A member just 1 day and I'm already luvin' this club/website. I hear what you are all saying about how special to keep the car turbo'd, or at least for my son to keep the turbo and whack it back on later. It's with great reluctance he needs to take it off, he doesn't really want to and I don't blame him.

To all of you who PM'd me, I will get back to you individually over the next couple of days once I talk to my son again and hopefully will pass on his mobile phone number for you to contact him.

To everyone else, many thanks for your comments, they all make good sense even though they come from many perspectives.

I'm just proud of the fact that my 18yo son wanted to also buy an FTO, after me having my GPX for the past six or seven years. He's in Yarra Glen, Victoria, and I'm in Tassie but I still consider ourselves a two-FTO family !!!!! Cheers, Brandto :)
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Why don't you two swap FTOs until he gets his full license :twisted:
LED ALL the things.
Brandto
Apprentice

FTO swap

Post by Brandto »

Hello Supplanter,
Thanks for your suggestion. I hadn't even thought of that but we had considered me putting the turbo on my car until he got his full licence. However, everyone tells me it's a big job and, well, I'd feel pretty bad if the tubo packed up while it was on my car.

But yes, I'd love to see him keep it but he also needs the money (insurance, fuel, girlfriend, all the things a young bloke needs or wants). I'm sure there's still plenty to unfold in this saga before it's done and dusted.

Oh, and thanks for a great forum and website. I'll look at subscribing to the newsletter soon (I think I saw mention of a newsletter or something while I was navigating the site a bit for the first time last night). Bye, Brandt :)
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Do not de-turbo, PLEASE swap with someone.

So annoyed I couldn't buy that car and had to give it up :evil:
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Astron_Boy wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Do not de-turbo, PLEASE swap with someone.

So annoyed I couldn't buy that car and had to give it up :evil:
:lol: but we did have some fun with it, had every one gessing who owned it :twisted:
Its sad to know that it's going to be cut up so to speak.
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

aza013 wrote::lol: but we did have some fun with it, had every one gessing who owned it :twisted:
Its sad to know that it's going to be cut up so to speak.
That was sooo funny!
Pity we didnt think up of anything for this years bonfire!

however, new developement, care of dwayne

http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... ic&t=19935

It's not the HKS, thankfully.
So in which case, my missus is interested in the kit, but doesnt have the funds :P
Brandto
Apprentice

Post by Brandto »

Hey, re my boy's turbo, some developments about the car's origins in another forum string at: http://ftoaustralia.com/modules.php?nam ... 260#221260

Also, I'll be happy to post some pix of my stock standard silver 94 FTO GPX really sooooon but for those who may be confused that the turbo one is mine, no, it is my son's.

It's maroon, he bought it about two or three weeks ago from a Melbourne bloke and HEY PRESTO . . . my son has also just signed up as a member of FTO Club of Australia :D His club name is SSKILR ( as in SS Killer, he loves blowing away SS's ) and I do hope he too puts some pix up soon. I believe he's already introduced himself to Bennoz and I'm looking forward to us both being fun and positive contributors to this forum/site/club.

I've contacted those who PM'd me about the turbo situation and I now hope they get in touch direct with my boy, er, SSKILR. Cheers