injectors too big???

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

fto-007
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

injectors too big???

Post by fto-007 »

hi
i am currently looking at injectors for my fto. I was trying to find 6a13 injectors (390 cc) what are hard to find and ive been told evo injectors bolt in as well so ive stumbled across some evo injectors (560 cc) that were cheap are they too big for a turboed fto??? can they be cycled down??? will be only running 6 psi for now....might decompress head or forge internals later???

cheers
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Re: injectors too big???

Post by SG »

3.0l magna injectors are 210cc ea (fto are 166cc) and are cheap under $100 for 6 or something like that, but whether they're enough for a turbo i dunno...
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Re: injectors too big???

Post by I8A4RE »

The bigger you go the more chance you will have crappy idling and a range of other problems. I wouldnt be going anything bigger than 390 and even then you might start having problems
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...