forged pistons

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

fto-007
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

forged pistons

Post by fto-007 »

hi
is there any where i can buy decompressed forged pistons for the 6a12 cheaper than rpw??????????
cp pistons rpws price ($1 386.36)???? 8O
cheers
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Re: forged pistons

Post by I8A4RE »

Why, thought you were only going to run 7psi?

Anyway yes there is but I cant remember the company name but they were in nz. Google 6a12 forged pistons. From memorythey were about $970. I doubt you will find them for less than that
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
fto-007
Grease Monkey

Post by fto-007 »

yeah sounds good to me cheers
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Once you start opening the engine be prepared for the price to sky rocket.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Plus the pistons wont be the first failure point when you start upping the boost. It'll be the rods.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

That is spot on. I assumed he would be getting the whole lot forged, if that is not the plan 007, then make it the plan mate.
fto-007
Grease Monkey

Post by fto-007 »

yeah that was the plan get it running on 6 psi stock then see how it goes. Then i will pull it down and fit forged rods and pistons. When i was looking at buying the computer he told me it wont go too well with the high comp as you had to retard the timing so much???
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

fto-007 wrote: When i was looking at buying the computer he told me it wont go too well with the high comp as you had to retard the timing so much???
Who is he? and he is wrong. mine is running 5 pound all day every day with no dramas. it will run upto 8 with no dramas
fto-007
Grease Monkey

Post by fto-007 »

what kind of power did you make on 5 psi and what other mods did you have on yours? are they a hard engine to tune? who did you get to do your tuning and what kind of computer did you end up going with?
cheers
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Read my thread in the turbo section mate. It is all there
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14120