EOI: Turbo Kits

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

EOI: Turbo Kits

Post by I8A4RE »

Ok I have had four people pm me over the last month and half about a turbo kit. I told the first person that I would need more interest than just one person to make it worth while and now I have that.

So now I am seriously considering it. The kit will be exactly as mine so will suit a gr tip. However If someone with a manual was interested that lived close to me I would be able to fab up from their car (discount would be given for use of vehicle) and then a manual kit could be sold.

Now we are fast approaching xmas and then I am going overseas and wont be back till march. So construction would not commence till march 2011 which would give anybody who is interested a chance to save some coin.

Now I have said in previous posts that a kit could be made for 7k. However depending on numbers, I think I could get that down but by how much I am not sure, maybe a grand, maybe 2.

This is just a EOI at this stage. I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR FROM DREAMERS. This is for serious customers who are ready to feel the power

At this stage the kit would consist of the following
Turbo
Intercooler and all mounting hardware required
All piping to and from the turbo inlet and exhaust including flanges and gaskets
Emanage Ultimate pre-tuned with maps I am running.
FPR regulator and all associated fuel lines and fuel filter relocation kit
Water hoses and clips
Blow-off valve
Modified sump
All required Oil lines and "t" piece
Complete installation instructions with coloured pictures.

It will not include 3inch exhaust as it will be just to hard to post.

I would also be happy to supply only the parts wanted to. So if for example you wanted to only the pipe work that would be fine as well, as long as the numbers are there.

Cheers
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
spency
Mechanic

Re: EOI: Turbo Kits

Post by spency »

when you can get a manual version ready, i'd definetly be in for this
phunkydude
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phunkydude »

Is this a one-off thingy?
and, possible that you provide installation service? :D
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yes it would be a one off thing at this stage and yes I could install for a fee
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
renzkuken1
Veteran Mechanic

Post by renzkuken1 »

Hmm i would be interested in this, take me a while to save that by march i may be able to do it.
I haven't done much mechanics on a car before so what would me installing it be like and what type of fee would you charge to install it?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Well it would take me a weekend to install so probably round $500 to install.
renzkuken1
Veteran Mechanic

Post by renzkuken1 »

when would you need to know by? I wouldnt know till about february if i can afford it ^^
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Feb is fine. This EOI at the moment. But as I say I only want to hear from people who are seriously considering this
brad_gpx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by brad_gpx »

renz im pretty certain yours is a gpx isnt it?
this is for grs
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

It could go on a gpx but you wouldnt be able to use my maps. Therefore you would need to find a good tuner and supply your own ems
renzkuken1
Veteran Mechanic

Post by renzkuken1 »

your maps meaning? lol
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Fuel and ignition maps. Basically you would need to get a tuner to tune the car after the turbo was installed
renzkuken1
Veteran Mechanic

Post by renzkuken1 »

kk well ill see around february, atleast you know im interested aha would it be worth it on a 135,000 km's car engine? or wait till i do an engine rebuild? I was thinking putting a twin turboed engine in it eventually. Opinions??
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Start another thread for that or read one or 10000000000 post on it in the turbo section
renzkuken1
Veteran Mechanic

Post by renzkuken1 »

thanks mate
spency
Mechanic

Post by spency »

quick question, apart from needing the 3" exhaust, everything else is supplied in the kit?

and for my GPX, would I come across any other problems when I go to install the kit, like ABS being in the way etc etc?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

spency wrote:quick question, apart from needing the 3" exhaust, everything else is supplied in the kit??
Yes everything else would be supplied.

and for my GPX, would I come across any other problems when I go to install the kit, like ABS being in the way etc etc
If you have abs then (IIRC) the turbo would need to be moved forwards therefore making the all the pipework requiring modification. It would be best to either wait till someone up here wants a kit and I fab it off theirs, removing the abs altogether, or doing the project yourself. As I say you could still use my kit but it would no longer be plug and play
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Could just use my car as a guinea pig simon for cheap, GPX with abs :P
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

If it was manual you would have the whole trifecta ;)
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

oh and its manual ;)