Question: can my standard fto engine handle a low psi turbo

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Brent555
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Question: can my standard fto engine handle a low psi turbo

Post by Brent555 »

Yeah just wondering if my stand 1997 fto engine without mi-vec could take a 3-4 psi turbo standard, and how much do you think a install including inter-cooler would be.

Cheers brent
Storm
Veteran Mechanic

Re: Question: can my standard fto engine handle a low psi tu

Post by Storm »

Brent555 wrote:Yeah just wondering if my stand 1997 fto engine without mi-vec could take a 3-4 psi turbo standard, and how much do you think a install including inter-cooler would be.

Cheers brent
It will take up to 5-6 psi and for that you dont really need an intercooler mate.
Life is short - Have an affair
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

Yes it can. Try on of I8A4RE's kits.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=21908
Brent555

Post by Brent555 »

Awsome cheers for that that :)
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Also let me add to the answers already provided.

Yes it will handle it.

The things that would need to be taken into consideration would be, how many kms, and how well you believe the car has been looked after.

Also, don't look adding 3-4psi, look at 5-7psi. The engine can and will handle that easy and for the amount your going to spend on going turbo 3-4 pound just wouldn't be worth it.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Brent555

Post by Brent555 »

Oh ok thats cool, yeah its only done like 130k km's and since iv had iv gotten a major service and everything done, i just didnt want to put a turbo in then always be changing engine sh*t like you hear what happens to some people
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Well it all depends on the system. If you don't do it right then you will have problems.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...