handling

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Dwayne Bent
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

handling

Post by Dwayne Bent »

hey guys, just a bit curious as to how the front wheel drive handles the power of turbo?
Bennoz
National President

Re: handling

Post by Bennoz »

In my case, the answer is 'LOL'

:lol:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Awesome. The boys with stupid amounts of power do have a lot of traction loss but I doubt they would change it lol. Mine is excellent as is aj's.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

Yep, it handles very well. Mine is a tip so I don't get too much wheel spin. I don't really notice the torque steer. It's there but it doesn't take anything away from the experience of boosting.

If you're going to turbo it, like Bennoz, I8A4RE and I, you'll have to do the suspension and brakes too.
Dwayne Bent
Apprentice

Post by Dwayne Bent »

ahh kk sounds good, and i doubt i will
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

AJ wrote:Yep, it handles very well. Mine is a tip so I don't get too much wheel spin. I don't really notice the torque steer. It's there but it doesn't take anything away from the experience of boosting.

If you're going to turbo it, like Bennoz, I8A4RE and I, you'll have to do the suspension and brakes too.
Just for the record I am still using standard gr brakes and they are more than sufficient as long as you don't use frodo brake pads.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
d_dan
Grease Monkey

Post by d_dan »

Iv upgraded to alcon 6pot's but i would have rated forrodo pads pretty high.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

I8A4RE wrote:
AJ wrote:Yep, it handles very well. Mine is a tip so I don't get too much wheel spin. I don't really notice the torque steer. It's there but it doesn't take anything away from the experience of boosting.

Just for the record I am still using standard gr brakes and they are more than sufficient as long as you don't use frodo brake pads.
^

This ..

You have brakes that are identical to Evo I - III ... With the amount of power that comes out of the Evo's on stock brakes, you will be fine ... Hell, I was running 234kw @ the front wheels with the stock Evo brakes...

Also a good boost controller can be your friend... I was using the Apexi AVC-R in the above fwd set up, and could tune boost to certain gears... Although, I would still get wheelspin into fourth quite easily if pushed hard...
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

rock_it wrote:
I8A4RE wrote:

^

This ..

You have brakes that are identical to Evo I - III ... With the amount of power that comes out of the Evo's on stock brakes, you will be fine ... Hell, I was running 234kw @ the front wheels with the stock Evo brakes...

Also a good boost controller can be your friend... I was using the Apexi AVC-R in the above fwd set up, and could tune boost to certain gears... Although, I would still get wheelspin into fourth quite easily if pushed hard...
LOL, I've seen GR brakes catch fire.... on a cruise.... Was ex VP Kaveman's freak GR on Macquarie Pass.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

You didn't see my brakes on fire there too ...

almost :utbnb: to Aza... And right before a huge sweeping turn ... Right near the end...

Luckily I was able to stop, and get a few rocks under the wheels to hold her in place wile everything cooled down ...

I put it down to cheap pads... Was given standard Bendix ... and then updated the slotted rotors... But yeah, front end of the car looked like it was hosting a Korean BBQ...
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

:lol: I remember that, we where almost at Dstocks place for I think was the first bonfire weekend.
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

rock_it wrote:But yeah, front end of the car looked like it was hosting a Korean BBQ...
Thanks for reminding me.
LED ALL the things.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Supplanter wrote:
rock_it wrote:But yeah, front end of the car looked like it was hosting a Korean BBQ...
Thanks for reminding me.
Did you bar up?
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

No, I was going out for Korean BBQ that night, completely forgot about it.
LED ALL the things.