Turbo 6A12 engine bay's

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

fto-007
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Turbo 6A12 engine bay's

Post by fto-007 »

here is my turbo fto :D work in progress ;)
Attachments
6a12 low comp pistons, forged rods, rpw cams, 560cc injectors, t28 turbo, water to air intercooler, oil cooler, wolf v500 list goes on....
6a12 low comp pistons, forged rods, rpw cams, 560cc injectors, t28 turbo, water to air intercooler, oil cooler, wolf v500 list goes on....
rsz_picture_225[1].jpg
rsz_picture_228[1].jpg
rsz_picture_226[1].jpg
bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Post by bass_twitch »

fto-007 wrote:here is my turbo fto :D work in progress ;)
Wow I hadn't seen yours yet!
Gorgeous! :D
Any more info on it anywhere?
fto-007
Grease Monkey

Post by fto-007 »

no not really.... ive had the car for about 9 years now and still doing it up ha ha it has a small turbo on it atm as i wasnt going to build the engine. making up a fuel surge tank and fuels pumps atm followed by custom plenum, gtx3076r and coil packs...i havent had one problem with the car since i have turboed it! :D what else did you want to know about it?
gpx000
Mechanic

Post by gpx000 »

i want a turbo :(
bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Post by bass_twitch »

fto-007 wrote:no not really.... ive had the car for about 9 years now and still doing it up ha ha it has a small turbo on it atm as i wasnt going to build the engine. making up a fuel surge tank and fuels pumps atm followed by custom plenum, gtx3076r and coil packs...i havent had one problem with the car since i have turboed it! :D what else did you want to know about it?
I think you should make a members ride thread ;)
phunkydude
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phunkydude »

Does the turbo blanket makes noticeable different to your bay temp?
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

haha i knew fto-007 had a sneaky turbo build, all those suss questions over last 2 years hahahaha
d_dan
Grease Monkey

Post by d_dan »

phunkydude wrote:Does the turbo blanket makes noticeable different to your bay temp?
Massive difference
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Super tidy! 8)
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yup sex pee achieved, thanks I needed that.

You know it's not a turbo till you post your dyno sheet though.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
fto-007
Grease Monkey

Post by fto-007 »

yes it is very clean i am the first owner in australia bought it from sydney with 28 000kms with log books was the cleanest one i could find in a year of looking for one. it has been driven it the rain twice in 9 years :cry: yes i heat wrapped the whole exhaust to keep the underbonnet temps down also added 2 extra thermo fans to help. Im running a wolf v500 computer when the inlet temps get too hot it takes out timing and makes it run rich also wont let you boost it over a certain part ive never had a problem with it over heating :D with the heat tape not sure how well it works as i didnt have a before and after to see :?
The engine was broken in on the dyno and was set at a very safe tune. it made 227.9hp atw on 12 psi. i told the tuner EFI performance north yatala who i was very impressed with its not about power at this stage just get a safe tune as it will be up later on to get a full power run as they havent turned mivec on or cams dilled in also running rich liminter was set to 6800rpm. the heads have been ported and polished, on the flow bench they flow 400hp @ 12psi. the comp has been lowered to 8:1 with $600 of coatings on the pistons to run nos and high temps, Forged Con Rods i could keep going and going here :lol:
bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Turbo 6A12 engine bay's

Post by bass_twitch »

fto-007 wrote:yes it is very clean i am the first owner in australia bought it from sydney with 28 000kms with log books was the cleanest one i could find in a year of looking for one. it has been driven it the rain twice in 9 years :cry: yes i heat wrapped the whole exhaust to keep the underbonnet temps down also added 2 extra thermo fans to help. Im running a wolf v500 computer when the inlet temps get too hot it takes out timing and makes it run rich also wont let you boost it over a certain part ive never had a problem with it over heating :D with the heat tape not sure how well it works as i didnt have a before and after to see :?
The engine was broken in on the dyno and was set at a very safe tune. it made 227.9hp atw on 12 psi. i told the tuner EFI performance north yatala who i was very impressed with its not about power at this stage just get a safe tune as it will be up later on to get a full power run as they havent turned mivec on or cams dilled in also running rich liminter was set to 6800rpm. the heads have been ported and polished, on the flow bench they flow 400hp @ 12psi. the comp has been lowered to 8:1 with $600 of coatings on the pistons to run nos and high temps, Forged Con Rods i could keep going and going here :lol:
And you should in your own build/members ride thread ;)
Finally the silence is broken. That thing sounds so amazing!!! How much did the process set you back??
Awesome!! :)
fto-007
Grease Monkey

Post by fto-007 »

um the cost well it kinda got abit out of control :lol: the only thing i didnt do was was "build" the engine i gave wes engines a block and heads...i done all the research in pistons,rods,cams,injectors,custom exhaust,turbo,intercooler well everything 8) the rest i done myself...cost $27 000 so far. it is the most you can modifi a 6a12 the best of the best.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Nice man. I work in Yatala. Next time your up let me know, would love to see this thing in person.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
fto-007
Grease Monkey

Post by fto-007 »

i have just done a members ride if you want to have a look have afew pic uploaded :cyclopsani:
phunkydude
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phunkydude »

fto-007 wrote:um the cost well it kinda got abit out of control :lol: ...cost $27 000 so far.
Bennoz is not alone :cheers:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

phunkydude wrote:
fto-007 wrote:um the cost well it kinda got abit out of control :lol: ...cost $27 000 so far.
Bennoz is not alone :cheers:
Having spent more than twice that, yes I am :cheers: :oops:

:lol:
d_dan
Grease Monkey

Post by d_dan »

I recon iv spent, around 40k on mine
fto-007
Grease Monkey

Post by fto-007 »