Turboing My FTO (Help Please)

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Lanthias
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Turboing My FTO (Help Please)

Post by Lanthias »

Hey everyone,

This has probably been asked a lot, but I am wanting to turbo my FTO. I have two options that I am willing to do, and I was wondering if anyone could chuck me some advice. I am either going to do a complete engine swap, or just put a turbo into my current engine. In both cases I was wondering what I should be upgrading before I turbo my FTO (Such as suspension, breaks etc...) and then if anyone has actually done an engine swap and the results of it. I am pretty new so sorry if it doesn't make much sense :)

Hope to hear from all of you about this issue
Taz
Oldtimer

Re: Turboing My FTO (Help Please)

Post by Taz »

Probably be much easier and better to go with a 6a13 swap dude, plenty of info on doing it and probably cheaper in the long run.
Be prepared to go down an endless money sink campaign though... :twisted:
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
Eltnot
Mechanic

Post by Eltnot »

Before you take Taz's advice (because he has so much experience on the subject :lol: ), do yourself a favour and read through the threads that are stickied in this section. You will find a lot of valuable information regarding both options hidden away in the threads.
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

:lol: i know a few things
Btw, i still owe you however much from the meet up dude, i never gave you the cash after you paid for it :lol:
Will have to give you a 6 pack when we meet next :D
spency
Mechanic

Post by spency »

save yourself 15+k and just buy this for 11k.

http://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23572
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Don't think he is willing to sell it anymore Spency, one day he just stopped replying to me after i had gotten the money together and everything, just assumed he didn't want to sell anymore or something.
He was talking about jacking the price back up as well or some crap after a certain point after he got another car and didnt need to sell it or something, wasnt really paying attention.
veegeeta
Apprentice

Post by veegeeta »

I did a legnum twin turbo convert in mine spent 15k just on that and still riseing what a awsome car now very fast
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

Lanthias wrote:
put a turbo into my current engine.
What engine do you have at the moment? GR is easier to turbo but a Mivec can be done (see my car)
Lanthias wrote:what I should be upgrading before I turbo my FTO (Such as suspension, breaks etc...)

Defiantly brakes, suspension and tires. You need to be able to control all the extra power. Consider driver training too.
Lanthias wrote:anyone has actually done an engine swap and the results of it.

Bennoz has done a great swap, read all about it in the turbo section. The result is stupid power, big grins from Bennoz, lots of jealous people in this club and a reduced bank account.