Will emanage blue work with different injectors (impedance)

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Taz
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Will emanage blue work with different injectors (impedance)

Post by Taz »

As per title.
Ive browsed through the book and it doesnt give a clear cut answer whether or not it will work with the different impedance injectors - i have the injector harness if this actually changes anything.
Has anyone looked at this issue when putting a turbo on?
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
Shane001
Oldtimer

Re: Will emanage blue work with different injectors (impedan

Post by Shane001 »

Why do you even need to worry about it? There are plenty of injectors available that are direct fit and correct impedance. What size injectors do you think you need?

imo if you're going anything more than about 50% larger (and even that would be pushing it) a piggy back is not gonna cut it, even the eManage Ultimate would struggle I would think.
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

If i go ahead and purchase this turbo kit it will have 560cc evo injectors - which have worked fine for FTO-BOY, im just not sure whether or not the emanage blue can handle the different impedance or not. I would rather make them work than go out and buy new injectors unnecessarily.
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

I think the e-manage won't be able to run different impedance injectors.
However, generally I think you can "modify" injectors by adding resistors or something to change impedance. Might be worthwhile doing a google search for this.

Though 560cc seems huge for an FTO motor even with a turbo. Maybe you can swap them for 390cc injectors of the correct impedance
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Possibly spetz - was just wondering if it is that simple to make the injectors work or not with my current ECU.
I know they worked (obviously) for him, however he was running something a little better than a blue.
Will a blue be enough then for a set of smaller, correct impedance injectors? Or is it going to be a case of cost of new injectors vs spending a little more and getting a stand alone capable of handling the better injectors?
Maybe i can swap someone some bigger injectors on the evo forums or something.
Will 13tt injectors be enough im assuming? Maybe i can swap someone or sell+buy.
Just knowing what im going to get myself into if i go down that road.

EDIT:
So its either going to be cost of new injectors, or spend 900 and get a Haltech sprint 500 stand alone. Factoring in cost of selling my current emanage blue which hopefully ill get back 300 might be the best option. There is not much in the way of difference between the setup he had and what i would do, minus cams - which shouldnt affect it overall, via the correct tune.
Just more for me to think about when its time to pull the trigger
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

If the cost is not that different, I think it is always better to upgrade, rather than spend money to make an inferior setup work.

Though, factor in that maybe you can sell your injectors and buy correct ones and break even at the end, more or less.

The e-manage can handle larger injectors but there is a limit. I don't know what the limit is, it's likely a percentage increase. Possibly you can run the 275cc injectors from Mitsubishi (not sure which cars came with them).

If 6A13TT injectors fit/work I think they should be a very good option, and maybe you can do a direct swap with someone who is upgrading their ones
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I'd be using something a little better than an Emanage if you're putting a hair dryer on.

As mentioned, the Emanage will only fuel scale up 30%.

I'm only running factory 6A13 tubs & I used 550 injectors...
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Well then the most logical option is to sell up the emanage blue, get back $300 and the difference to buy a sprint 500 is only $600.
Just another cost to factor on to the buy. Right now its looking like 2300 for the kit, 450 for the intercooler kit, 200 for the lines, 600 for the ecu, 1000 for an install and tune, and probably another 500 for misc like a bigger pump.
The bonus is that if i go haltech, my guy can tune it (as he doesnt do greddy) so i know im in good hands.
Still, for 5k thats not bad for a turbo fto. The only question is do i spend 5k on a complete turbo kit for the GPR, or spend that on a 4g for maverick and have it sitting round till i get moar money to stick it in in a few months. Decisions decisions - can i wait that long for boost?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I wouldn't bother with a sprint either mate, you'll need a Platinum.
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Hmm so theres another $1000 i have to factor into the costs, possibly a little more - so 6k. It might just be cheaper to get a stock 13tt and use the stock ecu? What do you think i could get a stock 13tt in for? (minus the cost of the engine/loom)
Will the emanage blue do anything for a 13tt coupled with the factory loom/engine?
Or will a simple swap of the injectors do the trick - work with the emanage and be handy dandy?
If not then i think ill save the pennies for the 4g and just go without for another year
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

How much boost are you chasing?
If you're only after low boost and already have the emanage you could get away with CDH275 injectors, I got mine from the states for less than $200.
You could always upgrade to a platinum later on, just a thought (i've just checked and there's a few on ebay.com now)
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

id be on stock internals, id chase 12 bleeding to 10 like 007 did, but id be happy with 10 going to 8.
Im sure i could do a straight swap with injectors or even cash my way. iI probably wouldnt go any higher than that down the road anyway. would be enough for me in a street car - save the 40+ pounds for the track :lol:
So this might be feasable with an injector swap?
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

Probably 390's for that kind of boost - with the emanage blue it may run rich on the cold-start map as it struggles with more than a 50% increase in injector size.
275's are ok for around 8psi.
Are you planning on lowering the compression?
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Honesty, I have no idea I was going to chat with a tuner and go from there. obviously I'd like as much compression as reliably possible. Would I get away with 8psi on a higher compression than say 10 on a lower? Hoe much difference would there be? Probably worth doing 8 with a higher compression so i get arpund the injector issues yea?
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

Well it's hard to say and a lot is down to the mapping.

Consensus in the UK used to be 6psi is safe and who knows how much after that is safe.
I used to run 7psi on the supercharger setup with no problems and that was on standard internals and no de-compress of the head so standard compression and this time round i'm chasing 8-9psi. I've been told that due to how superchargers deliver the boost compared to turbo there's less risk but i'm not sure how true that is.

I also don't know what the power trade off is lowering compression to up the boost, you would need to speak to someone with a lot more knowledge than I.
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Hmm might get away with 8 then who knows. Even if I bump it down to just 9. keep in mind I intend to bleed it off for mivec. But still, guess ill have to put it in and wait for a tune to know.
I will probably rebuild the engine as well, then put the dryer on. Plan to have it all ready by April
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

Well I will be running 7psi through mine (almost finished) using 275cc injectors larger fuel pump with RRFPR with emanage blue will run nicely. My tuner keeps telling me will run 8-9PSI safe all day everyday but im hesitant on that and not decompressing or forging. As for ECU for you mate unless your looking at huge boost emanage will be fine but for those injectors running up to 9psi they are way to big anyway. I have made a thread for my own build will update soon once pipes done and can help you with any info you may need along the way

HTH
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI