6a13tt coil pack and actuator help

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ftonoob
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

6a13tt coil pack and actuator help

Post by ftonoob »

My 6a13tt is misfiring on cylinder 2-5. If I unplug that coil pack it has no effect on engine idle. On inspecting it i found it was leaking i swapped it out twice and had no change. Plugs are brand new ngk iridiums 7's .75gap. the pack has good constant current, ground wire had continuity but signal was <1 volt. I switched the coil packs and the problem stayed at those cylinders but the the first pack was leaking any way.
The car is also not building boost. Can I check for movement in the actuator by just revving the engine? My mech told me the rear turbo actuator seems not to be moving while the front moves.
Last edited by ftonoob on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shane001
Oldtimer

Re: Need help 6a13tt

Post by Shane001 »

not that it should have any effect on your fuel pressure, before you connected the MAF sensor, what were you using for air/fuel ratio tuning?

You need either a MAF (mass airflow sensor) or a MAP (manifold pressure sensor), but not both. So if you had a MAP before and now you've connected the MAF also, which one is actually connected to the ECU for tuning?

Regarding fuel pressure I'd say your SARD FPR is faulty, or your fuel pump is dying. Is your fuel pump very noisy?
ftonoob
Grease Monkey

Post by ftonoob »

I'm thinking of hardwiring the fuel pump. The car was not starting with the MAF but since I installed the sard it starts and idles. I know the MAF won't affect fuel pressure and I don't think the sard in bad (hoping) because pressure stays steady with the MAF unplugged.

I'm working on this theory. When the MAF is plugged in it pulses the injectors and the pump can't keep up so fuel pressure drops by 50%.
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

If that's the case then your pump is fucked!

I really think you've got more serious problems; maf connected, not connected; you need to have someone look at this that knows what they're doing.
ftonoob
Grease Monkey

Post by ftonoob »

Well that pump has been in the car for a few days, replaced another walbro 255. I had it sitting around BNIB from another project, it was sitting for a while though. I'm not sure the bs that was done to the car by the morons who did it but I got the car cheap and that gives me some solace.
ftonoob
Grease Monkey

Post by ftonoob »

Been doing some reading and I'm seeing pod filters have a negative effect on Mitsu's MAFsI got the car with a cone like filter with no box.
mattman
Grease Monkey

Post by mattman »

are you sure the sard fpr is not a Chinese fake there are a lot of them out there
FTO ftw
ftonoob
Grease Monkey

Post by ftonoob »

I don't think so. I checked all the signs for the fake ones even down to the instruction manual and it seems legit.
ftonoob
Grease Monkey

Post by ftonoob »

Hardwired the pump to the battery and fuel pressure stays steady with the MAF on. I just have a major boost leak to sort and I'm still getting engine check light re: MAF. I'll try the other MAF and see if it continues. Thanks for the help.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

ftonoob wrote:Been doing some reading and I'm seeing pod filters have a negative effect on Mitsu's MAFsI got the car with a cone like filter with no box.
If you are going to use a pod on an intake with a MAF in it, make sure you mount the MAF as far back towards the throttle body & away from the pod as possible.

The Mitsi MAFs are really sensitive & by having a free flowing pod bolted to it, any tiny air temp or speed change hits the sensor pickup straight away & will cause the ECU to adjust the fueling.

I take it because you still have a MAF, that you're still using the stock ECU? Maybe with a piggyback?

Oh & dont forget to clean the MAF sensor bar. You can either buy the correct cleaning stuff from Auto One, or just use Metho. Any grease or grit on that will also cause you problems.
ftonoob
Grease Monkey

Post by ftonoob »

Hmmm. I definitely know it's too close to the maf and yes ecu is stock. The previous owners had no airbox just the pod filter and they didn't even bother to sort out the MAF issue.
ftonoob
Grease Monkey

Post by ftonoob »

Now I'm getting error code 71 and 72 flashing when I gnd the #1 pin. Light comes on while engine is warming up i.e. A few mins after starting.
71 Vacuum Control Solenoid Valve System
72 Ventilation Control Solenoid Valve System
ftonoob
Grease Monkey

Re: 6a13tt coil pack and actuator help

Post by ftonoob »

Found that my rear turbo's gasket to manifold had blown hence little/no boost. Gasket hard to find any economical sources?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I just bought them from my local Mitsi dealer. Was a bit dear, but meh.
ftonoob
Grease Monkey

Post by ftonoob »

Locally Mitsu don't even know what a vr4 looks like.
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Bursons
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

ftonoob wrote:Locally Mitsu don't even know what a vr4 looks like.
They dont need to, just give them the part number.
ftonoob
Grease Monkey

Post by ftonoob »

Do you know if any other vehicle came with similar turbo gasket?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Nope, its the only car to run the TD02s. Part number is MR266002 for the gasket.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Amayama have some listed, but they're in Japan & UAE. Usually take 3 weeks to get anything from either.

http://www.amayama.com/search/?q=mr266002

Better off seeing if Mitsi Oz have any stock first