possible block change/ECU and loom?

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

vipfto
Forum Moderator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

possible block change/ECU and loom?

Post by vipfto »

For you guys with 6a13tt out there

Seeing as considering swapping out my block for the 6a13 and using my current manifolds and turbo setup question I have is how different is the loom on 6a13? Will I be able to use existing loom and just retune (piggyback ECU). Or should I source a 6a13 ECU to suit and loom?

Or is it just a minor amount of splicing required to use current ecu required?

Also knowing current box will fit but some minor mods required is it just for starter motor?

Not sure will do this as already have trouble getting traction with cold tyres and wet weather but would be great to be able to wind up boost mayber larger snail and push 250KWs :twisted:
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
rock_it
Oldtimer

Re: possible block change/ECU and loom?

Post by rock_it »

vipfto wrote:For you guys with 6a13tt out there

Seeing as considering swapping out my block for the 6a13 and using my current manifolds and turbo setup question I have is how different is the loom on 6a13? Will I be able to use existing loom and just retune (piggyback ECU). Or should I source a 6a13 ECU to suit and loom?

Or is it just a minor amount of splicing required to use current ecu required?

Also knowing current box will fit but some minor mods required is it just for starter motor?

Not sure will do this as already have trouble getting traction with cold tyres and wet weather but would be great to be able to wind up boost mayber larger snail and push 250KWs :twisted:
Why bother mixing looms and going piggy back. Get a proper standalone ECU. If you want good but cheap go an EMS 8860
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Re: possible block change/ECU and loom?

Post by vipfto »

Well already piggyback atm with current setup amd don't wanna spend a shitload as baby due in couple months so just weighing up options if it will be viable utilizing what I already have
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI