EOI - Supercharger installation kits - now have good boost

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Rob Furniss
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: EOI - Supercharger installation kits

Post by Rob Furniss »

Supplanter wrote:During the development of the UAS intake, smorison measured intake air temperature with the stock setup. The information is on the old site in the 'Projects' section on the side menu. Bennoz might be able to dig it up.
That would be interesting to find out.

I've now got the pump running as of last night, no fan on yet but that won't be long (I have small windows in which to work on the car).
Just drove to the shops at lunch time and it was keeping the temps down holding in the 50's.
When I got back in the car they were up again (59) due to heat soak I presume and as soon as I started the car I could see the intake temp slowly going down, better than the 70+ degrees I was seeing the other day.

I'm hoping that the fan will make a big difference when I fit that to the back of the mini rad (it's a pull through) and i'm also going to fit a header tank to add more coolant to the system.
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Promising results thus far for those temps
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

bjk wrote:Promising results thus far for those temps
Yeah it's looking good so far, I rigged the pump to a relay that uses a switched live as it's turn on, and also put a kill switch in line with the switched live just in case I need to switch it off. Seems to keep running for a few seconds after the ignition is turned off which is an imobiliser thing I think as all my electrics do that.
I've put the relay inside the fuse box and the kill switch (has a blue LED to show when it's on) just outside the fuse box, for me that's neat wiring.
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

The ECU/Engine control circuit continues to stay on for a few seconds after ignition is turned off.
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

Vectose wrote:The ECU/Engine control circuit continues to stay on for a few seconds after ignition is turned off.
You don't happen to know what governs this do you, is it something built into the ecu or some timer chip somewhere?
I guess I should have a look in the wiring and electrical manual and see what I can find if I really want to know, was just thinking of delaying it for a few more seconds, or would this be a bad idea?
Last edited by Rob Furniss on Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

It's in the ECU
Bennoz wrote:
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

Vectose wrote:It's in the ECU
Ok cheers.
How much time have you spent going over those manuals?
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Rob Furniss wrote:
Vectose wrote:It's in the ECU
Ok cheers.
How much time have you spent going over those manuals?
A fair bit. :lol:
Bennoz wrote:
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

I bet, just had a look at the Vectec version - good work :)

Fan is now on and hooked up to the other output from the relay so also comes on with ignition. I will update tomorrow with hopefully some good news about those temps coming further down, but really I think I need a header tank to add more liquid. I also want to test with ice just to see the difference, I know it's not practical for everyday driving but special occasions may warrant it...
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Rob Furniss wrote:I bet, just had a look at the Vectec version - good work :)

Fan is now on and hooked up to the other output from the relay so also comes on with ignition. I will update tomorrow with hopefully some good news about those temps coming further down, but really I think I need a header tank to add more liquid. I also want to test with ice just to see the difference, I know it's not practical for everyday driving but special occasions may warrant it...
Fill system with liquid nitrogen? :lol:
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

bjk wrote:
Rob Furniss wrote:I bet, just had a look at the Vectec version - good work :)

Fill system with liquid nitrogen? :lol:
Ha ha yes lets try this.
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Feel like some components might not be up for it haha