Shiggz 6a13tt Conversion

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Vectose
Forum Moderator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Shiggz 6a13tt Conversion

Post by Vectose »

TD03s*
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
shiggz
Grease Monkey

Post by shiggz »

Didn't know you had twin TD05's :lol: :lol:

So I did some research, and yep, I'll probably get an aftermarket intercooler so I don't have to mess around with changing piping later down the line. It'll also reduce fuel economy, which is something I'll really need to work towards haha

Had a read through this article, and yep the stock intercooler is pretty sh*t

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.ht ... One&A=1931

I'm most likely going to go with a Mishimoto M-Line intercooler. They're tube/fin cores, not bar and plate, but they still have a really good build quality, and are reasonably priced; being able to get one for ~$400 shipped. They also come with a lifetime warranty. Its made of 6061 ally, with dimensions: 600x300x76mm which should fit well, hopefully still retaining stock secondary fans.

(The stock legnum intercooler is 501x296x65)

https://www.mishimoto.com/mishimoto-uni ... large.html

Still deciding on colour; silver vs. black
Sututututuuuuu

Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

lol, I just bought an el-cheapo ebay one. Does the job fine.
Bennoz wrote:
shiggz
Grease Monkey

Post by shiggz »

Theres quite a fair amount of room inside the bumper. Decided to go with a black mishimoto intercooler with the white 'M'
Last edited by shiggz on Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sututututuuuuu

bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

When I do it it'll be black. Less attention from cops is always better :lol:
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Yeah nah, get it engineered. Then no concerns
Bennoz wrote:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

My bad, 03s. And yeah, +1 on house & garden intercooler.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Oh & you might want to do some proactive maintenance on the turbos & put a reco kit through them. They're not ball bearing, just brass bushed, and they can pop. I popped both a front and rear. Ended up buying a brand new pair.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Bennoz wrote:Oh & you might want to do some proactive maintenance on the turbos & put a reco kit through them. They're not ball bearing, just brass bushed, and they can pop. I popped both a front and rear. Ended up buying a brand new pair.
Did you find a new pair that didn't cost an arm and a leg, or did you trade some limbs? And where from?
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

bjk wrote:
Bennoz wrote:Oh & you might want to do some proactive maintenance on the turbos & put a reco kit through them. They're not ball bearing, just brass bushed, and they can pop. I popped both a front and rear. Ended up buying a brand new pair.
Did you find a new pair that didn't cost an arm and a leg, or did you trade some limbs? And where from?
Found a brand new set on eBay in Japan for $495 :lol: Dusty box, with original Mitsi logos on them.
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Bennoz wrote:
bjk wrote:
Found a brand new set on eBay in Japan for $495 :lol: Dusty box, with original Mitsi logos on them.
Muthafucka :lol: