Shiggz 6a13tt Conversion

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

bjk
Totes
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Shiggz 6a13tt Conversion

Post by bjk »

shiggz wrote:*Hangs himself*
Dibs all your car sh*t
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
shiggz
Grease Monkey

Post by shiggz »

Not a whole lot of progress so far, but come next week, a lot more will be done!

The Mishimoto intercooler arrived, which looks dope! Test fitted it, and its quite a snug fit, literally justt clears everything

49.JPG
49.JPG (858.41 KiB) Viewed 3421 times
50.jpg
50.jpg (840.79 KiB) Viewed 3421 times

I took my plates off, to see what it'd look like with no plates, since I might get slimline platinum plates. The left over residue is from the double sided tape.

The following two pictures show just how close the intercooler misses the bumper frame/reinforcement. Not a big deal if it did come into contact with the frame, but it luckily just misses.

51.jpg
51.jpg (553.01 KiB) Viewed 3421 times
52.jpg
52.jpg (537.3 KiB) Viewed 3421 times

Also say bye bye to my Aventador taillights. Tried some red nite-shade, to try get a more sleek/elegant look.

53.jpg
53.jpg (703.46 KiB) Viewed 3420 times
Attachments
48.jpg
48.jpg (633.92 KiB) Viewed 3421 times
Last edited by shiggz on Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sututututuuuuu

silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Nice, can you please post a pic of the red tail lights fitted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

silverGPX wrote:Nice, can you please post a pic of the red tail lights fitted?
+2

Are you changing the indicator bulbs to make sure they still flash orange as well?
Image Image Image Image
shiggz
Grease Monkey

Post by shiggz »

Yep, i've got some green bulbs from Hong Kong on the way.. Which will take ages, but doesn't really matter.

Here are the before and after pics:

54.jpg
54.jpg (572.98 KiB) Viewed 3417 times
55.jpg
55.jpg (616.21 KiB) Viewed 3417 times
56.jpg
56.jpg (564.5 KiB) Viewed 3417 times
57.jpg
57.jpg (591.12 KiB) Viewed 3417 times
58.jpg
58.jpg (629.87 KiB) Viewed 3417 times
59.jpg
(375.6 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

Looks a lot more elegant, but I'm going to have to sort out the reverse lights, since they come up red :|
But otherwise, yeah looks pretty good in person, the finish with the paint is real clean and smooth
Last edited by shiggz on Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sututututuuuuu

silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Hmmmmmmmm I've thought about doing this but with a red film

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shiggz
Grease Monkey

Post by shiggz »

mmm I find it tonnes easier to spraypaint rather than put film on. And yerrr I'm always changing taillight styles because I don't really like the look of stock taillights.
Sututututuuuuu

bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

The spray looks pretty good; and it's still glossy, which is something that usually bugs me when people try to put things on the tail lights and they end up looking all matte and gross. I feel like you might need to mask off even just like a thin part over the reverse light so that the clear lens can still shine through it.
Image Image Image Image
Taiwo
Mechanic

Post by Taiwo »

If your ever looking at getting rid of your lambo tail lights. I got first dibs.
ImageImage
"Is that a supra???".
"What's a Mitsubishi FTO?"
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

It's all good no one else will want them :lol:
shiggz
Grease Monkey

Post by shiggz »

Haha thanks Billy! I sort of had that issue with the lambo lights, its all about how you apply the last coat; the heavier the coat, the glossier (to an extent), and the lighter the coat, the more matte the finish is.

I've actually had a guy from the Malaysia group ask if I'm selling the lights, and wanted me to produce some for him! But yeah Sahin, I know, they're very ricer/festy. I was just experimenting with VHT at the time for something different; loads of different opinions on it, and they caught a lot of attention lol, but definitely over them now :lol:
Sututututuuuuu

Taiwo
Mechanic

Post by Taiwo »

shiggz wrote:Haha thanks Billy! I sort of had that issue with the lambo lights, its all about how you apply the last coat; the heavier the coat, the glossier (to an extent), and the lighter the coat, the more matte the finish is.

I've actually had a guy from the Malaysia group ask if I'm selling the lights, and wanted me to produce some for him! But yeah Sahin, I know, they're very ricer/festy. I was just experimenting with VHT at the time for something different; loads of different opinions on it, and they caught a lot of attention lol, but definitely over them now :lol:
How did you do it? I already have night shade and I have mulptriple set of lights and I bored with the plain look of my lights. Did you make a cut out?
ImageImage
"Is that a supra???".
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

Just tape the parts you don't want nightshaded taiwo
Taiwo
Mechanic

Post by Taiwo »

I figured so. Thanks sahin.I am looking at thatgetting Aston martin tailight look now and gonna try that as well with the vortex bar. I am gonna stopbe hijacking this tread now
ImageImage
"Is that a supra???".
shiggz
Grease Monkey

Post by shiggz »

Yep, just use tape to mask out the bits you don't want. I've played around with plastidip quite a bit, so I know how to use these sort of spraypaints. But get the right type of tape, you'll have to play around with it / figure out when the best time to take off the tape is (When the paint isn't too wet or dry)
Sututututuuuuu

mezje
Mechanic

Post by mezje »

Classic Malaysian, why don't people just do it themselves?

I thought the Lambo style lights look f**king tacky but the red shade turned out well, intercoolerlooking mint too, keen to seeprogress.
shiggz
Grease Monkey

Post by shiggz »

Yeah exactly haha. When the Malaysians do their own thing, they do some pretty unique stuff, not sure if thats a good thing or not though :lol:

Alrighty, so there has been some slow progress on the build, just been really busy with uni.

I tested out some green LED bulbs off eBay for the indicators in the taillight. Absolute fail. The light turned out just as pink, and more dull. I'm guessing that might be because I used an LED and not a bulb, but, yeh, the experimenting still continues. Might also have to mount some external reverse lights, or maybe just go back to stock taillights.

I then started and finished my battery relocate. I used this picture as inspiration for the box (Doesn't look that great, but just gave me some ideas)

I used the battery box that i bought off eBay, which is a perfecttt fit in the boot (In place of the plastic tray kept for tools). Fits very very snug, and is mounted by one of the bolts that runs through the boot.
I drilled some holes in the box for some rivnuts to mount the 120A circuit breaker:

Then drilled some more holes and added some rubber grommets for the different wires running through the box. Goal is to get the box completely sealed to meet regulations. (Including vent pipe)

I then bought a plastic box, and cut up the lid to shape, heated it and moulded it to a shape that would protect the circuit breaker:

Worked pretty damn well. This is the finished product:
(Still yet to cut the carpet and make everything look better. Also need 3D print a lid for the box, to get it completely sealed.

In terms of the engine bay, I used a stinger distribution block. Only temporarily mounted until I test fit the 6a13tt. But the whole battery relocate works perfectly. In the distribution block, I'm using 100A, 20A, and 120A maxi-fuses for the starter, distribution-post and alternator respectively. My headlights are the only thing that are mounted to the distribution block currently, but it'll be used for extras such as dash-cam and accessories.

Apart from that, the car was running pretty well, having my last drives with this beautiful engine.
My last drive ended on a bombshell though :roll:

Driving to meet some mates, i was running low on oil, I pulled over at a petrol station to top it up (about 40 minutes from home). As i filled up, i noticed a small piece of rubber on the engine bay. Looked around to see if everything was okay, and I notice my belt looking like this:

It was pretty badly chewed up, since it must've slipped and sat on the pulley itself. Didn't want to risk driving it like that, so I pulled over the bumper, adjusted the belt, and made it run properly before I left.

Took quite a while since I did this at the friggin' petrol station with only a socket set. Not only that.... I was in a super dodgy neighbourhood, where a group of festy-ass-druggy girls came, sat on the floor a few meters away from the car and had some smokes. Every now and then a group of guys would pass buy asking how much my FTO costs (One of them asked if it was around $20,000 ahahaha woooop <3 )
And a bunch of 'hella gangsta' kids would pass by telling me how siiiikkk my car is XD

Anyway, got it all fixed, and also noticed that my front right tyre had somehow become completely worn out. Looks like some serious camber wear, probably because the retard at the tyre shop didn't adjust my camber properly :evil:
Super annoying because I'm running Toyo Proxy R888R's, and I haven't had them on for very long. But I guess its now time to get some new tyres..... which means I might as well buy new rims which are brembo-compatible.... and may as well buy some brembos :lol:

So that ends my very last 6a12 drive.
Got home without the belt snapping, not sure how, but thank god I got home okay 8)

And lastly, I built my engine crane:

Which meansss, I can now begin the actual build!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) :D :D :D :D
Sututututuuuuu

bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Man, you don't do things in halves, do you? :lol: Good stuff dude.