Bennoz Supercharged GR project

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

sublime19
Sooty!
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by sublime19 »

Ben any updates on this?

You made me buy a M15 for nothing! *shakes fist* bahah jk.. I should just through it on Ebay, sure somebody out there would want it :P

Anyway curious how this is coming along
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

Just read this thread for first time for all my reasearch and now I'm interested hows it coming along Ben?
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

dont know how ben is going with this but it loks a viable option only problem is the cost of superchargers and then the cost of getting it perfectly aligned. I did look into it ut i think it would be a lot more expensive than going turbo. Unless you got a crash hot deal on a super charger and could install it yourself. It would also be way easier if the engine wasnt in the car too
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

Ahh wow, this project sure took awhile 8O
wonder hows it going?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Yeah, I put it on hold. First reason was while the stats of the blower were suitable, the casing of it wasn't. I couldn't find a snout extension suitable because it was a Mercedes specific chassis Eaton M45. What I needed was a generic M45. That way I could purchase a snout extension off the shelf. And as Simon mentions, most blowers retails for about 3 grand off the shelf... I was lucky to pickup my one for $300. I scoured Ebay for months after, looking for a plain M45, but one never came up.

The other stall was finding out what the car was like to drive after the extra 40 odd kws of Nitrous. For me to have any hope of traction with this ontop of all of that, I need to get the drive train sorted first - specifically the diff.
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

Yeah thought may have been the case as like you previously said was having trouble finding a snout and traction definatly big issue
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
Sahin
HULK

Re: Bennoz Supercharged GR project

Post by Sahin »

:lol:
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Sahin wrote::lol:
LOL
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
Technikhaus
Oldtimer

Post by Technikhaus »

:lol:
Man '96 FTO GPX
Man '89 Legacy RS Rally car
Man '90 MR2 GT
Auto '08 Fairmont Ghia
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y