Where are the turbo FTOs??

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

AJ
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Where are the turbo FTOs??

Post by AJ »

veegeeta wrote:hi new to site put a twin turbo legnum engine in my red fto 4 years ago in townsville is my everyday driver still have 2 turbos and air con
Sounds like a race between you and Bennoz is required. :twisted:
BearOnFire
Grease Monkey

Post by BearOnFire »

Will that extra amount of power effect the handling characteristic around corners, especially with big boost? Reason for this question is big power on front wheel drive cars generally leads to understeer. How does the FTO hold up ?That's where i can understand where evening out the traction with AWD conversion, not something i'll do myself, but interested to know.
A stoke of luck or a gift from god?
The hand of fate or devil claws?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

BearOnFire wrote:Will that extra amount of power effect the handling characteristic around corners, especially with big boost? Reason for this question is big power on front wheel drive cars generally leads to understeer. How does the FTO hold up ?That's where i can understand where evening out the traction with AWD conversion, not something i'll do myself, but interested to know.
It becomes a very different beast. I've had to dial in some fairly specific alignment & suspension settings with bracing just to keep her on the road. Plus the diff selection is crucial.

Rather than driving to the chassis's limitations, now I have to drive to the engines power level. Still do all your braking before corners, pick your gear & line then head through, I then have to feather the throttle based on how much traction I've got. Admittedly this new Wavetrac diff I've got makes it much easier. It really does fight for traction, even with one wheel spinning, you can feel the wheel with traction still pulling. The old diff I had was a Cusco MZ & when the power was applied to that, it would just lock up & I'd have both wheels spinning under power & I'd be heading for the nearst wall.
fto-007
Grease Monkey

Post by fto-007 »

mines turbo :D made 170kw@10psi (6a12) putting a larger gtx 3076r turbo on it atm 8)