Sam's Turbo Setup progress **FINISHED INSTALL** pics

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

koolio1234
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by koolio1234 »

Thats sucks ass, how much is it gonna cost ya to get it back up and running?
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

hey Sam ... haven't seen / heard anything from you in a while... Whats been happening mate? & Have you sorted out the probs with your beast yet?

You gonna be getting your ass along to some cruises?
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Well im so busy with work at the moment i havent had a chance to work on the car.... she's stripped down for some work...

Just need to get a pipe made up and i'll be throwing it all back together... should be another month or two (Have a $1500 excess to take care of first)

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

FtoSam wrote:Have a $1500 excess to take care of first
What happened?
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Was raining and a bloke pulled in front of me on the bike... i hard to brake hard, and front wheel locked up... he kept driving...

$1500 excess for bike... under 25... etc etc

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

f**k man sorry to hear, glad your alright though
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

FtoSam wrote:Lol.... you bunch of tossers...

good pic though...

My tuner has had to modify the crank or something to give the Ignition coils more time to build up charge... Hopefully this will give them a better spark and hence stop it misfiring after 12psi...

Heads have got custom Cams (6a13tt grind on them) And replaced lifters and ARP Studs. As well as ported and De-valved intake manifold.

bottom end has bored out, CP comp pistons and rods, uprated crank, ARP Studs, Blueprinted and acid cleaned block, Decked heads, 400cc injectors.

That combined with lightweight flywheel, super heavy organic clutch, 3" exhaust, Quickspooling GT-2860r Turbo, Microtec LT-10s ECU, RR FPR, 550hp Walbro Fuel Pump, Braided lines (Oil And Fuel) and Wastegate+Screamer pipe (oh i love that sound), it has a lot of potential...

Just trying to get through the teething problems..

After that whack a GT-35/40 turbo on it and say hello to twice the grunt of the little GT28, however also say hello to lag....

wow.... got it back this arvo....

Much more power, and a lot smoother too...

About the same amount of wheelspin, but because the power is smoother its only doing the same sort of wheelspin, despite being quicker...

i.e. in the dry, all through 1st and start of 2nd... then at 80km/h it spins again in 2nd, then 3rd is good...

I did spin a couple of times at about 100kmh in 3rd if i down shifted from 4th with a little too much pedal, but meh...

12Psi is getting close to maxing the injectors... tuner had it at 16 but the clutch is slipping (New $1000 Exceedy) so we need to get the pressure plate out and get it beefed up....

Also going to buy a new wastegate...

So Wastegate, Injectors and pressure plate will see this thing up to 22psi and hoping for 450-500hp...

AWD research is also coming along well...
What a Beast sam
What kind of enigne do you have Mivec V6 or Non Mivec V6 or Non Mivec 4cylinder?

Cheers,
Tyson
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

From my understanding, he has a non-MIVEC 6A12.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

FtoSam wrote:Its AAALLLLIIIVVVEEEE!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lw15JN7nQM
Sounds like a lion purring

:twisted:
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

:cheers:
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Has to be stripped back down again...

Found an exhaust leak coming from a blown gasket between the exhaust and the turbo inlet.... GRRRRR...

FtoSam
Oldtimer

Re: Sam's Turbo Setup progress **FINISHED INSTALL** pics

Post by FtoSam »

Hi all...

been well over a year since I was in this thread, but thought i'd better get back into it.

To fill you in,

The car sat there for a long time (No money). I moved house and did a little more work to it... fixed up the turbo gasket and tidied up a few other things on it while i had it all apart...

Then took it to a tuner (guy I hadnt used before), because the wastegate was stuck open. He rebuilt the wastegate and tuned it. Was driving nicely, but the turbo was looking to need replacing soon.

A week later I decided to turf my sh*tty T-Boost controller and go for a electronic Gizmo unit. As soon as a mate and I installed it, the wastegate was stuck open again!!! So we put the T-boost back in again... still open...

So I rang the tuner... and he said I need a new wastegate (a lot of swearing happened this day).

So saved up a bit and boiught another wastegate. just a cheap one, because none of the branded ones do the right flange for mine.

Threw that on, and what do you know.... still stuck open!!! WTF!!!

So I moved house again and its sat in my garage...

So yesterday she got a bigger battery and a quick tidy up, and after not being touched for over 6 months, fired straight up.

She is currently sitting outside my work, ready to be driven around the corner (litterally) to another tuner... He's the worlds most bloody expensive tuner, but he's got some high end cars usually... so figure he should be able to fix it for good...

When my payrise arrives from work, first thing on the list is a newer bigger turbo, new intercooler, custom intake (LHS) and 800cc injectors.

So the build is back on... after 2 years of not being on the road (no longer registered), i think its time to give a little love to the ol girl.

Shhtuart
Forum Moderator

Post by Shhtuart »

Thank God! :cheers:

I hope its killing scoobies in no time.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

:lol: welcome back Sam :D
It's about time you got back on to the car.
Will you get it put back on the road or keep it for a track car?
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Back on the road like the old days...

Wanna get it going and back into some FTO cruises...

If things go as planned should be getting a good pay rise soon...

then I'll be able to dump a ton of money into the thing... She really needs some TLC.. quite litterally hasnt had a wash in 2 years...

Also started seeing the evil roof bubbles... :(

FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Long story short...

Mechanic wont work on it... he's too busy...

Car is stuck over there.. it wont start.

Going round there this arvo to try and get it going..

Going to take it home and give it a major servicing... Plugs, clean the injectors, oil, etc etc.

Once she starts, its getting taken to Mike Vine Turbochargers. He said he doesnt mind working on the turbo FTOs. (He did Jeff & Adzy's 6a13tt FTOs).

f**k fuckitty f**k f**k f**k.

dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Bloody hell. You cant take a trick can you. Hope it starts falling into place. Noone deserves the bad luck you seem to be having.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    FtoSam
    Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Yeh I know... everything seems to be harder than it should be...

From here on in, i'm getting it done by Mike, and spending money on the good sh*t that wont give me problems

I8A4RE
    QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

FtoSam wrote: Once she starts, its getting taken to Mike Vine Turbochargers. He said he doesnt mind working on the turbo FTOs. (He did Jeff & Adzy's 6a13tt FTOs).
    Hope you having been lubing yourself up for a good reaming then, that guy charges like a f**king wounded bull, not to mention whatever time he estimates multiply it by 3. I suppose time wont bother you though.