Sam's Turbo Setup progress **FINISHED INSTALL** pics

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FtoSam
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by FtoSam »

Yeah but crap like my battery not being vented... thats no major reason to get all antsy... just tell me to fix it and tell me why.. thehn i might go and do it... or a box around a pod filter.. what the?
Im sure theres some drug dealers to chase somewhere...

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

Samson wrote:Yeah but crap like my battery not being vented... thats no major reason to get all antsy... just tell me to fix it and tell me why.. thehn i might go and do it... or a box around a pod filter.. what the?
go to sleep u drunk lol
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Samson wrote:Yeah but crap like my battery not being vented... thats no major reason to get all antsy... just tell me to fix it and tell me why.. thehn i might go and do it... or a box around a pod filter.. what the?
is it a seal unit? if not it should be then u dont need venting from memory
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

yep,... sealed battery... i even said that as i received the fine (bout 6 months ago)

FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

BTW: can anyone name a mechanic that can do my clutch? Will be calling joe and rick for quote later...

mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

omg dude, thats fucked up :S sounds like some sh*t from Super Troopers!
Have you had any cops mention anything about your rear lights?

I'm definately not going to be sticking around for a fine, or to clean up the mess if fuel / oil ever starts leaking from my car ...
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Yeah, just drive off and hope it doesnt blow you up.

mivec24

Post by mivec24 »

I would say this much to u guys. U have the mivec change over point too low.U should put it back up to the stock point u will see more torque and a bigger hp gain at a higher mivec change over point. Next thing what heat range plugs are u using. Also what air fuel ratios are u tuning for. Fto engine is a very funny engine. Next thing the turbo u have on thats too small a turbo. That turbo we put on turbo starlets with the upgraded 1500cc internals u have a 2000cc v6 engine. U should have on a turbo with at least a .64 ar back end front end at least a 60. I have seen these turbos and they are small redline had a nice size one on his car and he changed it and placed one on it car got slower to compare to how it was before.
The intercooler is big but its not over sized u would suffer minor pressure loss but it will not be major once u have the correct size turbo to do the job. U are a high compression with lift. WHen those mivec cams hit the volume of exhaust gasses almost doubles so why mess around a small turbo like that. In redlines car on idle u hearing the turbo just spinning rediculous speeds. His car is not even a mivec.When u put 3 inch exhaust on the vehicle t he bigger turbo would spool even faster lag is no issue u have not loss any hp by dropping compression so u are only gaining.
boarsai
Mechanic

Post by boarsai »

BorepYano wrote: well... thats a bit rude... r they booking the show cars too or just the ppl that go?
Don't know about Vic... but on the sunshine coast traffic cops have been known to come into the show, inspect all cars at a leisurely pace to look for defects while they've got the bonnets up etc... make notes in notebooks and then go to the exits. When/if someone attempts to leave said car show with a vehicle that's got something they found wrong with it... they radio the traffic guys down the road.

I love the zero warning tolerance... just instant fine. Can't tell someone they've got an issue they can easily fix... just wait for them to get on the road so they can give them a ticket.

Anyway...

sh*t Sam, you're having a bucket load of fun there 8O

Hopefully sh*t gets a bit smoother for you
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

This is a bit old now...

As i now have a built up Non-mivec 6a12... forged etc.... check my other post...

New turbo is coming... but a hassle..

FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Righto... giving this a bit of an update...

Progress report:
Forged engine is in and working...
Completely run in with around 8,000kms on it now...
Still the old turbo (GT-2860r)
Final tune is now underway... should have results in the next few days
While in the workshop, NOS install is being investigated.
Car goes in next tuesday to have the front bar fitted and painted...
At the same time the boot holes will be welded up and painted.
Purchased set of 6-Spot Porsche Brembo Brakes (353mm Discs)
They get installed the day after the car gets back from the paint shop, Along with braided lines and upgraded master cylinder.
Pricing up LCDs for install (trying to pretty it up a bit for AS). Hopefully install them within a couple of weeks (total 12 inc one 24" widescreen)

Will keep you updated... but by this time next week, it'll be a whole new car...

unknownperson
Apprentice

Post by unknownperson »

so how much has this all cost you now with the full turbo kit, tuning, all fuel system upgrades, breaks, suspension and forged internals rebuild?? not done any work to the heads?????
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

1 millllion dolllllars muawhahahahah muawhahahaha muwahahahaha
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Lol.... you bunch of tossers...

good pic though...

My tuner has had to modify the crank or something to give the Ignition coils more time to build up charge... Hopefully this will give them a better spark and hence stop it misfiring after 12psi...

Heads have got custom Cams (6a13tt grind on them) And replaced lifters and ARP Studs. As well as ported and De-valved intake manifold.

bottom end has bored out, CP comp pistons and rods, uprated crank, ARP Studs, Blueprinted and acid cleaned block, Decked heads, 400cc injectors.

That combined with lightweight flywheel, super heavy organic clutch, 3" exhaust, Quickspooling GT-2860r Turbo, Microtec LT-10s ECU, RR FPR, 550hp Walbro Fuel Pump, Braided lines (Oil And Fuel) and Wastegate+Screamer pipe (oh i love that sound), it has a lot of potential...

Just trying to get through the teething problems..

After that whack a GT-35/40 turbo on it and say hello to twice the grunt of the little GT28, however also say hello to lag....

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

have you looked at GT2870 then i think you can then high flow them for extra power.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Don't worry about going the bigger turbo mate.. or say hello to even more probs.. 'tis bound to happen
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

With all his mods he SHOULD be able to go bigger without a drama
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Sam RichardB is running a GT2876, would that not be more suitable
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

I8A4RE wrote:With all his mods he SHOULD be able to go bigger without a drama
With all his mods he SHOULD have been able to do his current setup without any probs :lol: