How to paint your engine cover.

Do It Yourself. Feeling game try some of the mods outlined in here. Some of these can be peformed by novices others require a substantial amount of knowledge before attempting them

If you are not sure about something ASK

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

aza013
NSW Coordinator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: How to paint your engine cover.

Post by aza013 »

No it's not that important but it will keep the paint protected longer.
It is also good to let the paint set for a number of days any way before you add the clear to it.
So if you wanted to in say two weeks or so take it off give it a wash with warm soapy water, allow to dry fully and then spray it.
phi-tec
Veteran Mechanic

Re: How to paint your engine cover.

Post by phi-tec »

aza013 wrote:No it's not that important but it will keep the paint protected longer.
It is also good to let the paint set for a number of days any way before you add the clear to it.
So if you wanted to in say two weeks or so take it off give it a wash with warm soapy water, allow to dry fully and then spray it.
oh sweet, iv lost my license so car doesnt get driven, and wont be driven for atleast another 2 weeks, and i did the spray about a week or two ago, il have a think about what i want to do with the letters, if i choose to paint, il do the coat after :)
You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be quoted and used against you