Need something, Put it in here.
Private Sales Only

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Mivec swapped gx
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Piggyback ecu

Post by Mivec swapped gx »

Anyone got a piggyback ecu for a mivec fto for sale must be able to control mivec
Sahin
HULK

Re: Piggyback ecu

Post by Sahin »

Lol
getonit
Grease Monkey

Post by getonit »

Why would you want to change it? Pretty sure you will find is optimal just as it is.
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

As others have mentioned it is unlikely you'd need to change the MIVEC point even with a variety of mods if you are running stock cams.

In saying that though I have an e-manage blue which does the job well and is cheap.
I do recommend it and gained 9kw atw from a tune.
Mivec swapped gx
Apprentice

Im looking at getting it to rev to 9-9500rpm so want to play with mivec point once its revving higher, how hard is installing an emanage blue ?
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Why would you need to rev it that hard? 8000 seems crazy as is.

The only way to get power is via turbo or engine swap. It is the only cost effective solution.
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

Someone’s gonna end up with a flywheel up the ass
Mivec swapped gx
Apprentice

Just wanna make a powerhouse n/a 6a12 since no one really has yet, i know lots of money involved bit idc really
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Mivec swapped gx wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:59 am Just wanna make a powerhouse n/a 6a12 since no one really has yet, i know lots of money involved bit idc really
Are you scared of turbo?
Mivec swapped gx
Apprentice

Nah only on my p's and want to get a gpx for a track car a turbo that
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

Emanage blue is easy to install with a boomslang harness - just plug it in, but those harnesses aren't cheap. If you want to manually wire it and good at soldering then try that option, too much of a pain in the ass for me though, done it on two cars then bought the harness.
Haltech units are better, but cost a lot more.

You won't make much more power though unless you add a turbo or supercharger.
Mivec swapped gx
Apprentice

What about a bigger tb, cai, exhaust, cams, titanium valves/springs.lightweight flywheel, bigger injectors and some head work then tune it all in ?
getonit
Grease Monkey

Post by getonit »

Powerhouse N/A 6A12?
It's a 2.0 liter mate, without some extra cubes or forced induction it will never be a powerhouse. Revving it to the ridiculous 9/9500rpm you have in mind will do dick all. Start thinking torque figures for grunt unless you intend on long stretches of road winding the poor thing out.
Rob Furniss
Oldtimer

Post by Rob Furniss »

I had a slightly bigger throttle body on the old car years ago when that one was still N/A and thought my 1/4 mile times came down a bit (not a lot) but that could also be due to me cleaning the inside of the caked up plenum that I did at the same time, who knows.

Bigger injectors - the stock ones flow enough for N/A, you don't even need to go much bigger if you go forced induction low boost, not sure when you throw cams into the mix though. You will probably find you can lean the fuel out to gain a little power, and also add some ignition timing in, but this should be done by someone with knock detection kit. Still not looking at big gains though.

Not sure cams have been proven to do much, I can see the theory that the aftermarket turbo profile cams could help in a forced induction setup though, I wouldn't mind trying myself but can't justify the 2K at the moment. But the N/A stage x cams, really not sure.
Some head work - sure, maybe you could gain a bit, as with doing all the above, but be prepared to spend a lot of cash getting there and still not get close to the torque increase you will get from Turbo or Supercharger.

Not trying to piss on your fire, just offering my honest opinion - which is all it is.
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Just put a 6G75 in