Exhausts Help

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information... NZ, the other Australian State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Grue
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Exhausts Help

Post by Grue »

Right chaps... Next on my list of things to do - Exhaust system!

Am contemplating extractors, but not decided yet. Thinking 2.5" Straight-Through. Really comes down to how much it will all cost - although am willing to spend a bit.

Now... i've no idea what makes are available in NZ (or even if you have to have a cat over here) etc. Any advice, or recomendations would be :lol:

There are a few places near me that look good for exhaust work, but wanted to pick your brains before turning up and looking like a fool.

What you guys got, or thinking of getting? Or would get if the Wife/G.Friend/Bank Account let you?

Cheers

G
If you can't dazzle them with dexterity, baffle them with bull...
JayME
Apprentice

Post by JayME »

I had mine all custom made by Pitstop here in chch

Initially I got Cat converter removed (not required in NZ - at this stage anyway) and from extractors back done 2.5" pipe - It has a muffler in the centre, "hot dog" style resonator and a bling RPS stainless muffler on the back (all straight thru). From memory that was about $800.

Then took it back a bit later on and got them to make up some extractors - just took in a pic of some I found on the interenet to give them an idea of what I was after. Got the front 3 pipes down to where they collect made in stainless for a bit more bling and the rest mild steel. This was a noticable improvement - much more rev happy FTO. That cost around $850

With this setup its a nice deep sound but not too loud - cruising at 100k you can hardly hear it which is what I was after. On Mivec it sounds savage :twisted:
kid_dynamite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by kid_dynamite »

RPW in Australia could probably ship over their systems to you.

http://www.rpw.com.au
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

Pitstop is a good place to go to then J?

Have been looking at the RPW extractors, and heard good things on here.
If you can't dazzle them with dexterity, baffle them with bull...
JayME
Apprentice

Post by JayME »

Yea - at the end of the day price around - any exhaust shop will be able to do it.

I go to one of the local ptistops here because I have always been happy with the work they do - and the seem genuinly interested in cars - not just doing it for a job - and always seem to have good ideas whenever I query them
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Highly reccomend getting the RPW extractors... Then just get any exhaust place to do the rest.. Go twin exhaust... u know u want to... :twisted:

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.