roll call - whos in nz and still on here?

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information... NZ, the other Australian State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ftoohh
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

roll call - whos in nz and still on here?

Post by ftoohh »

ok guys, lets see whos in nz and still on here, i know most of you will belong to other clubs as well, i do, but would be cool to get a few of us together if we're close enogh and do something now the weathers nicer.
post up who you are, and where youre from :)

ftoohh - brett - hamilton
www.zerolimits.co.nz
check us out
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

Hey Brett,

I'm working over in the Naki.

There are a few of us kicking around - would be nice to get a Kiwi cruise sometime!
If you can't dazzle them with dexterity, baffle them with bull...
ftoohh
Apprentice

Post by ftoohh »

im keen for that, and wouldnt mind trying to get a few ftos together for the nats to, in january. we've done a few stands with zerolimits, and with a 99% success rate. would be cool to carry that on.
autosalon is another idea, but theres plenty of places to go and things to do between events as well
www.zerolimits.co.nz
check us out
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

Sounds cool - likely to be out of the country in Jan, but would be up for something like that!

That u're blue FTO on the zerolimits site?
ftoohh
Apprentice

Post by ftoohh »

yep thats my one, im admin in zerolimits club, and one of the "top ten" as picked by fusion car audio, so after being given all the gear I thought its best to go show it off :)
if youre up near hamz anytime let us know and we'll catch up with you, or if youre up for a/s or the nats come along with us,
www.zerolimits.co.nz
check us out
JayME
Apprentice

Post by JayME »

Mint looking FTO man - Blue is the best colour for an FTO but then I may be slightly biosed 8)

Nice work with the stereo install!
ftoohh
Apprentice

Post by ftoohh »

cheers JayME, any luck selling yours? blues good aye :)
www.zerolimits.co.nz
check us out
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

Not up for a quick cruise up to the North Island before you sell her Jayme? :)
JayME
Apprentice

Post by JayME »

Haha well ive spent more time in Australia than I have in the North island - and ive only been on holiday to Australia twice . . . but ya never know :P

Got someone who seems pretty keen at the moment - organising AA check and that sort of thing. Not sold until the foldies are in my hand though :roll:
lashton

Post by lashton »

Yeah Im here I have just brought a red FTO, its a limited edition but some fool repainted it red TWICE!?!?!
I need to repaint it, any help?
scremn
Apprentice

Post by scremn »

Dont know if I count... Recently joined, browse here every couple of days BUT dont have an FTO... yet. Still finishing off my CE Lancer Coupe with Evo 4 motor and 4WD conversion. Planning to do the same to an FTO but running a 4G93T Mivec motor.

SCREMN - Manesh - Wellington
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

Welcome to you both!

Guessing you're in Auckland Lashton? Wouldn't know up there, but ask around for recomendations is usually my method when it comes to paint. You need to find someone who really cares to do a job like that.

Going for a full respray? Probably up around the 3.5-4grand mark. Let us know how you get on!
ftoohh
Apprentice

Post by ftoohh »

hey lashton, bring it down to hamilton, chartwell panel and paint - ross, real good.... special effects panel and paint... even better

Welcome manesh as well.. youre on mmc ay, probably seen you on there before. pm me if you actually keen on buying one, do you a deal
www.zerolimits.co.nz
check us out
scremn
Apprentice

Post by scremn »

Hey Brett, yeah still religiously on MMC - probably where you've seen me. Im pretty set on getting an FTO, just trying to get some research done to see whether the 4WD conversion (or possibly a proper RWD conversion) is feasible... on a budget of course. Ive just started the paint process on my CE coupe so a few months and it'll be done. Are you a dealer or something? I use to private import.
ftoohh
Apprentice

Post by ftoohh »

nah not a dealer :) but i'll do you a deal on mine :)
www.zerolimits.co.nz
check us out
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

Hey guys,

I am in Christchurch and still hopelessly devoted to my car, I am actually going to be moving to Wellington around February unless a job comes up sooner.

When I finally make it up north I will be insanely keen for shows and cruises.
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

Ho chaps, any shows or cruses happening in the next few months? Would be keen to get out and about a bit as she's not been out of New Plymouth for a while.
ftoohh
Apprentice

Post by ftoohh »

www.zerolimits.co.nz
check us out
StraydoG
Apprentice

Post by StraydoG »

Hey all,

Had my FTO just over a year now. Shes still basically stock standard. This month is money eatting time. WOF, Rego, Service & Tuned. Still want to do something to the car, just not sure, needs a few spots of repainting. Do they have to do the whole panel if its only small work? Need both a handlng and a power upgrade. Front & rear strut braces I reckon for handling (if I ever manage to find em), whats a good bang for the buck without petrol munching power upgrade?

Anyways, rambling... StraydoG - Aaron - Auckland
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

Kempy's www.kempys.co.nz in Auckland should still do strut braces. They'll crisp up the handling a treat, and arn't that expensive.

A pod filter, better piping and a heat shield are probably your first port of call engine wise - plenty of threads about that. Make her breathe a lot easier.

I just went KYB shocks, lowered King Springs, Tein Pillowmount strut tops - a la Bennoz's DIY. Probably cost about a grand, but definately worth it. Handles like a dream now.

Chuck some Magnacore leads next time your spark plugs are due. Extractors, exhaust... and then comes the more expensive stuff!