From Ireland

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information... NZ, the other Australian State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

StraydoG
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by StraydoG »

All the talk of aftermarket parts but I havent really seen much or do you guys get your stuff from Aus?

One thing I want to do is improve the brakes? Anyone know a good place to check out for that or what I get buy without spending a lot? Just after something a bit stronger than the stock ones.

Would be fun to have cruises. I had another FTO chase me down the motorway last week for about 10 minutes which was quite fun.
martyjer
Apprentice

Post by martyjer »

You should try having 16 chase you down straydog, our last irish meet had 17 FTO's, mine was lead for a while and it was some sight in the rear view mirror to see 16 behind me, first 6 in the line were all white too. Got some funny looks!
For brakes check out a discussion on fto-ireland, in the link here, http://www.fto-ireland.com/forum/viewto ... f=2&t=9641, might shed some light on what you're planning for brakes.
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

Think the only things I got from NZ were shocks. Everything else (seat covers, extractors, springs etc) I've got from Aus, and some smaller bits (dials, steel dash etc) from UK. Just a matter of watcing those exchange rates for the right time :D

Brakes were going to be my next project, but no paycheques for the moment means no new toys for the car!
If you can't dazzle them with dexterity, baffle them with bull...
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

StraydoG wrote:All the talk of aftermarket parts but I havent really seen much or do you guys get your stuff from Aus?

One thing I want to do is improve the brakes? Anyone know a good place to check out for that or what I get buy without spending a lot? Just after something a bit stronger than the stock ones.

Would be fun to have cruises. I had another FTO chase me down the motorway last week for about 10 minutes which was quite fun.
Brakes? I wouldn't bother buying brand new. If you have a money tree, I would go for Evo 5+ Brembos, if not, Legnum/VR4 brakes are a damn good upgrade.
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT