Meets

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information... NZ, the other Australian State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

martyjer
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Meets

Post by martyjer »

Just wondering do ye ever have meets in NZ?
We have a good few per year in Ireland and its a class thing to see a convoy of FTO's together. I'd def be interested in joining any meets that were ever held in NZ if ye have them when I come over.
If ye dont do them now is there enough interest in the country or certain localities to hold them?
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

Not many people seem to be on this forum in NZ :x

meets will depend if in north island or south as rather expensive to ferry cars across
there is another club in NZ called M-sport but its for all mitsi's however I found them to be more of a motorsport less socialy directed club
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

MSport is pretty slow as well, if you aren't in CHCH that is (as that is where the majority of them are). MSport put stands in every show in Christchurch which is great fun, depends where you are I guess.

NZ MMC clicky seem a lot more organised in the north island. In fact, most members are members of both.

There aren't any dedicated FTO clubs that I have found in NZ yet, but there are plenty of the actual car here...
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT
martyjer
Apprentice

Post by martyjer »

And is there any interest in getting people meeting up or have ye tried that?
Its just that I'd like to see what members in the southern hemisphere do to their machines, and I got to admit, I do love road trips!
In Ireland we regularly go away on a Saturday, do an activity of some sort, karting, paintballing, whatever, then stay overnight somewhere, and use the sunday to do photoshoots and stuff.
I live in cork which is down the very south of the country and have travelled to the very north of the country for meets. So travelling isnt a problem for me, part of the fun of the trips is starting as one car and gradually getting more and more to join as we move up along the way.
Obviously no point trying to see is there interest if kiwi members have already tried, but just wanted to see if there was any interest because if there was, for me anyway, I'd be willing to give it a shot for a couple of times. Also I think when people see a group of cars, if they have the same it makes them more inclined to check out about clubs or something that they could join and be part of that group.
And of course seeing as I'll be totally new to the country it would be a good way for me personally to meet up with people over there.
Just my 2 cents of thought for the day!
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

The problem isn't getting club members to do it, the problem in NZ is that FTO owners are usually pretty conservative, as in most don't modify them because they are underrated here.

If all you want to do is hang with like minded car enthusiasts and do road trips, those clubs are great, but if you want to hang with other FTO enthusiasts in those clubs, you will find that we are few and far between...

I guess attempting to setup an FTO club in NZ would be possible, but as I said before, people don't think too highly of them, and the people that have them (and love them of course) aren't necessarily into modding and showing off etc.
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT