THE UPDATE

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information... NZ, the other Australian State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

SchumieFan
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

THE UPDATE

Post by SchumieFan »

ok so fyi ive moved to lake tekapo in ooctober and dont get a lot of access to the net to check the forums and ive recieved heaps of emails from members asking where the hell i was.... so heres the update of whats been going on over the last few months. feel free to look away :)

October 2004 - move to tekapo take up a job, less access to internet.

December 5th 2004 - heading back into tekapo from christchurch in a foot of snow i was pulled up in my work carpark after being clocked doing 139kmph 2km outside tekapo - $400 fine 50 demerit points. bugger.

January 4th 2005 - in clearing conditions i made an overtaking manouever on state highway 79 between Fairle and Geraldine (look up a map) and a cop saw me. 20 minutes later he finally caught up to me and pulled me over. he said i had passed the lot on yellow lines which i took no notice of. he issues me a $400 fine for carrying a passenger on a restricted licence (another 25 demerits) and informs me that he is going back to investigate the scene and decide whether to issue me with an infringement for passing on yellow lines or a court summons for dangerous driving. he takes down my cell number and tells me he'd ring me within the week to tell me what hes doing. fine.

January 5th 2005 - Page 3 of the Christchurch Press -
"WITNESSES SOUGHT for a dangerous overtaking manouever on state highway 79..... etc"

1 month later the local cop turns up at my door with a court summons.

February 22nd 2005 - i sit in court waiting for my name to be called for 6 HOURS! on those hard benches and eventually get called up. it was a hard case to defend due to the meticulous nature in which the officer did his job so i plead guilty. The judge was understanding and gave me the minimum penalty - $400 fine $130 court fines and 6 months disqualified licence.

so my car is pretty much going to be gutted and rebuilt over the next little while.

I am gutted :(

such as life

on a lighter note, next wednesday morning i am landing in melbourne cause my gf and i are going to the formula 1, would sure love to catch up with the melbourne crew and their cars if at all possible. maybe if theres any meets happning would be cool to attend as well.

if you made it through all that crap congratulations :)

ciao peoples.

Mike aka FTOless :(
afterburner
Mechanic

Post by afterburner »

One word ... bugger.

Oh well, you'll love the F1. I went in 2002 and it was awesome - seeing it live is 1000x better than on TV.

But I don't think much of your driver choice :P
[url=http://www.atom.net.nz/afterburner/fto/index.htm][img]http://www.atom.net.nz/afterburner/ftologos.jpg[/img][/url]

It's gone :( - now carless...
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Bad Luck mate!
Ahwell. I guess you learn from your mistakes.

It's funny but, i was in that region of NZ for 10 days a month ago, and I only saw like maybe 1 or 2 cops in that regional area... (besides Christchurch)...

:wink:
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

I really want to say 'bad luck', but quite simply if you hadn't broken the rules of the road, you wouldn't have got busted. Sorry - sounds like a lecture i know :oops: Then again, who hasn't at one time or another.

Don't think about it mate and 6months will fly by. Still think a fine would have been enough though... :( NZ are bloody hard on driver laws arn't they.

Still - gives u time to work on your baby!
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

u guys can get 75 demerit points?? :|
afterburner
Mechanic

Post by afterburner »

100 is the limit. The maximum per offense is 50, but you can have your license taken away for serious offences irrelevant of how many demerits you have. For example, if you are caught doing 50kph over the posted speed limit, it's bye bye license automatically.
[url=http://www.atom.net.nz/afterburner/fto/index.htm][img]http://www.atom.net.nz/afterburner/ftologos.jpg[/img][/url]

It's gone :( - now carless...
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Post something up in the Vic thread if you want to organise a mini meet :wink:
LED ALL the things.
Speepfreak

Post by Speepfreak »

im Stuart from Auckland New Zealand im up for a fto meet here somewere in our country i have a fto gr but the gr engine is going to be get riped out and replaced with a vr4 converstion i am allso on my way with a sponsorship to get a custom body kit. so yea hop somthing come of these and we get a fto club here in new zealand