My FTO

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information... NZ, the other Australian State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

JayME
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

My FTO

Post by JayME »

Alright thought I might post a couple pics of my car - perhaps an FTO to look out for if your in Christchurch :P

Its pretty standard at this stage - got a Pod filter and in the second pic I've got my Tein adjustables in, although they need some attention before they go in full time - just waiting on some lowered springs to arrive (from beme007 i believe - sorry if i got spelt you name wrong)

The third pic is of some wheels Im lookin at getting - What do you guys think?? They are Ray's Engineering 18x7.5 Chromes. Would be good to get some feedback.

Image[/img]
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

Hey man,

That blue does look very nice in the sun, and getting rid of that gap above the front wheel always makes the whole car look that much nicer.

Not a fan of chrome on the wheels myself, bit bling for me! 8)

Any more plans for her in the future? Have to say a new steering wheel and some new dials are still the best money spent on mine.

G
If you can't dazzle them with dexterity, baffle them with bull...
poster
Grease Monkey

Post by poster »

bak in the days i use to hate the stock look...but now i do like it now
and it is a very nice blue u have there!
and with the wheels will suit ftos!

the thing i want to konw is that how did u go draging that honda type r ? u win ?
and your fto was fully stock bak at that time ?
Spud
Grease Monkey

Post by Spud »

Looks really nice JayME. Just don't put chrome rims on please! Anything but chrome!! :lol: 8)

ps. Hey you got a little' Mivec stickers! Wish I had a Mivec sticker :cry:
[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/spudshouse/pics/FTO/GT4FTOsig.jpg[/img]
JayME
Apprentice

Post by JayME »

Any more plans for her in the future? Have to say a new steering wheel and some new dials are still the best money spent on mine.
I've got a nice leather steering wheel with and Isotta shift light sitting in my bedreoom for it actually - as for the dials - Could be keen if you can point me in the direction of where to get some??

I bought it with intentions of making it a show car - Theres a company over here in CHCH that make a body kit for the FTO ive been looking into (They do a rip off veilside front - they also do a nice looking, more subtle skirt kit) . And id quite like a Carbon fibre bonnet and GPvR type Spoiler for the back. I could go on for ages about things running through my head but it will come down to what money allows :P
the thing i want to konw is that how did u go draging that honda type r ? u win ?
and your fto was fully stock bak at that time ?
Bad news - I lost
That Type R had quite a bit of work done performance wise and he werent running on pump gas either. He run a 13.5 on that run

I was pretty consistant around the 15.2 - 15.3 mark that day. Car was stock apart from a POD filter. Only had it for a few weeks - it still had the rather perished tyres it come from Japan with and was still getting used to the car - excuses excuses I know :oops: [/quote]
JayME
Apprentice

Post by JayME »

I can also get this set for under $2000 with new tires?? Again 18s and again a deep dish style. I will say the photos dont really do these wheels justice.

Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

I got my dials from the UK - http://www.funkystyling.co.uk and http://www.kmc-products.com have some in at the mo. Not sure bout any in this hemisphere though.

I'm always amazed how nice the interior comes up with only a few tweeks. Plenty of guys that have gone a lot further than me have pics on here if you're after any more ideas!

Those wheels are pretty similar to my 17's. Damn fiddly to clean, but hey :roll:

EDIT:
Could be interested in that VR spoiler if u find a source over here... doubt my bank balance could stretch to the rest of the kit!
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

Saw these on trademe just now: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 376734.htm

Not sure bout the 8inches wide though??
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

They are identical to mine. 18 x 8 do fit, but there's a bit of rubbing up front when on full lock.....
Spud
Grease Monkey

Post by Spud »

JayME wrote:I can also get this set for under $2000 with new tires?? Again 18s and again a deep dish style. I will say the photos dont really do these wheels justice.

Yep much better. I like em'.
[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/spudshouse/pics/FTO/GT4FTOsig.jpg[/img]
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

Is that Aerotech in ChCh you're looking at? hmmm... tempting. I'd forgotten they were there.
JayME
Apprentice

Post by JayME »

Is that Aerotech in ChCh you're looking at? hmmm... tempting. I'd forgotten they were there.
Thats the one - prices seem pretty good to me - My pricelist says:

Front skirt - $320
Side skirts - $550
Rear skirt - $320
Combat style rear wing - $600
Veilside front - $620

+ gst on all of these i believe

Im pretty keen on this skirt kit

check out www.aerotech.co.nz

[/quote]
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

I catch my standard front on loads of entrances/exits as it is, so nothing on the front for me i'm afraid. There are some petrol staions and shops up here I simply can't go to, no matter what angle i take them at!

Shame rear wing's so pricey. Probably cheaper from UAS even with shipping. :(
JayME
Apprentice

Post by JayME »

Yea I didnt really like their wing anyway - I wouldnt get it myself. Must say your car does look good Grue!! My new steering wheel is pretty much identacle to what youve got.
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

mighty pretty there Jay, im from chch too, are you a member of msport?
would be good to catch up at a cruise once im rolling again, also talk to hamish from msport, he has a 94 GPX manual, in silver.... good to see a few local members discovering the boards...

Is it me or are FTO's getting rarer? open up the auto trader... not 1 for sale!
JayME
Apprentice

Post by JayME »

Hey SchumieFan - Yea in CHCH and part of Msport. I think I may have met Hamish briefly at a Halloween party last year?? Always good to catch up with someone else into their FTO's

As for FTO getting rarer - I havent seen quite as many for sale around the place lately but still plenty on Trademe!!