Whats been happnin guys?

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information... NZ, the other Australian State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

SchumieFan
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Whats been happnin guys?

Post by SchumieFan »

hey folks.... just thought you lazy sods hadnt said much lately

what you all been upto?

there is a few more kiwis around the club now ive gone on a mad recruiting mish. theres 4 FTO's in my block in addington so the 2 that acctually speak english have been drafted as well as many other cars around town that have caught my eye.

Im working at brio cafe on the corner of High street and Manchester (the old high st cafe) (christchurch) so if your around come ask for mike and youll get free coffee.

chur

Mike
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

My 2 favourite words...

FREE
&
COFFEE

:lol: :lol: :lol:
[color=blue]Death is life's way of telling you - you're fired.[/color]
Oh Bugger, my sig block pic has dropped off the host ;(
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

HAHAHA well not today cause i got the day off n im sitting at my laptop!

its Brio Cafe 215 high street beside the excelsior....

but yeah, come in and ask for mike and ill hook you up, always good to meet club folk
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

LOL, Ill look you up next time I visit NZ :D Which incidently would be the first time I visit NZ :wink:
[color=blue]Death is life's way of telling you - you're fired.[/color]
Oh Bugger, my sig block pic has dropped off the host ;(
NZ_FTO

Post by NZ_FTO »

Any members up in the Auckland District? Seeing a lot of stock standard FTO's jumping around the place..........
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

yeah theres a few. grue is but to name 1, most of them stick to the mitsubishi clubs. try www.mmc.org.nz

welcome to the club (and the country)

Mike.
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

Sparhawk wrote:LOL, Ill look you up next time I visit NZ :D Which incidently would be the first time I visit NZ :wink:
hahaha always room at my place mate
JayME
Apprentice

Post by JayME »

Ahoy hows things.

Cant say Ive been on here in ages. Havent been doing much with my FTO in a while - barely even gets driven :oops:

Might have to come check out this coffee place :P Wouldnt mind a sticker either
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

cool come get 1, ill make sure i have a couple at work
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

Ho chaps,

You should have said Mike - i was down your way last month! Got some lovely cruising roads down there.

My baby's still purring like a kitten - the leatherette seat covers are half way in, and looking at the state of the weather, the front might get done today as well.

Thinking of a version-R spoiler next, and maybe a new front bumper if i can find one i like.

Twas up Auckland way last week - other FTO drivers looking very confused when i waved at every one. Did i get a wave back??? Not one!
If you can't dazzle them with dexterity, baffle them with bull...
JayME
Apprentice

Post by JayME »

Grue wrote: Twas up Auckland way last week - other FTO drivers looking very confused when i waved at every one. Did i get a wave back??? Not one!
You'd have RSI wouldn't you - Fto's seem to be on the road everywhere these days - I guess they are so cheap now.
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

ahhhhhh Fxxk the jaffas mate,

oh well maybe next time. if you wanna couple of stickies, flick me a txt or pm

Mike.
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

How'd your Tein Adjustables work out JayME?
If you can't dazzle them with dexterity, baffle them with bull...
JayME
Apprentice

Post by JayME »

Yea looking good - Certainly a lot harder riding. Have to be a bit more carefull of speed bumps now :wink: Tow hook on the front has given the ground some loving a couple of times.

FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

Hey there,

If you see me, feel free to flag me down, I am not hard to spot, it's the red standard looking GR with the front mount and grey 18's...

You may hear it coming first though eh Jayme?
layzie

Post by layzie »

sup guys

Im from auckland, these's heaps of fto's around here but quite standard. havnt been on here for about 2months now. Been busy workin havnt had time to work/fix the car at the mo.

Gota get a wheel align nxt, other than that its all good.

Lodd
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

hey there, good to get some more kiwis active.

i am trying desperatly to recruit lads in chch and get some sore of group or "club" (as it were) together so we can get some stuff happening to keep us entertained... ie supa karts or something (which has recently upgraded their track!)

so stay active and watch sh*t happen!
JayME
Apprentice

Post by JayME »

FTEvolution wrote: You may hear it coming first though eh Jayme?
It sure is a nice sound haha - Turbos spooling then an FTO shooting past.

Could be good to get a few FTOs together here for a bit of a photo shoot or something

There was a nice black one at the drifting here today with some wheels and a exhaust.
StraydoG
Apprentice

Post by StraydoG »

Heyaz,

Im in Auckland! Just a random post while Im looking around. Checked out a FTO a few weeks back, had it AA testing and am picking up in a day or two. Loved em for ages now will have one!

99 GX Sports/Aero. Although you will hate me now cos Im going to tell you... Its tiptronic, haha. Im quite interested though in looking into aftermarket things like sounds, mags, struts, exhaust etc but I dont really have any knowledge. Need to start learning and annoying friends.

I need to fix the headlights though. Possible peeling (not sure yet) and condensation. I want to try drill some small holes at the back of the unit if thats the case.

Cant wait to get my hands on her! Ill be sad to sell my Mirage though. Trusty car.

Aaron.
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

Hey, nothing wrong with the tip' boxes, they are the best I have driven (mine is tip). Condensation is a common problem for the lights, I haven't had that problem yet but I do have the delaminating headlight problem. There is a guide on here how to fix it, but I have been too lazy to do it.

FTO's aren't the easiest of cars to modify here, no one stocks parts for them but who cares, a lot of other Mitsi parts essentially bolt in, for example, my coil overs are for a GSR Lancer. Also, a good brake upgrade would be the Brembos from an EVO6 or similar. And go on, you know you want to drop a VR4 engine in :D

Talk to Jayme about his extractors, if it is MIVEC get a MIVEC controller like the Gizzmo CAMFC (clicky) which can also control your fuel to a degree.

Welcome to the FTO side of life, you won't regret it.

Is the GX model a MIVEC? I have only seen one in CHCH, a tidy asian bird drives it but I am usually paying more attention to her than her car :twisted: