Whats been happnin guys?

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information... NZ, the other Australian State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

StraydoG
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by StraydoG »

Turtle Wax bug and tar remover... It worked wonders on my car, stupid tar!

Aw, I want a asian women now. Mates going back overseas, Ill see if he can post one.

Any ideas on struts? Im running out of ideas. Is it viable and worth getting from Oz? They dont need to be aftermarket. Id be happy with stock parts, its driving me insane.
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

Struts? I got some D2's fromNZ Performance, absolute steal (I think) at $1545. No problems apart from the typical coilover noise. If you are modifying your suspension, don't just do springs like a lot of people do, it could end up dangerous bouncing off bump stops and all that...Do it once, do it right. Mod your car with that in mind and you won't go wrong. Now if I could only heed my own words of wisdom :roll:
StraydoG
Apprentice

Post by StraydoG »

Not whole suspension deal. I cant afford anything like that at this point. Im talking only the strut braces (front and rear). Besides that Im still thinking about a headunit then Im not spending more, since Im still jobless I cant go mental buying everything although I want to.
JayME
Apprentice

Post by JayME »

Just go it to a performance shop that sells them up there and have a chat. They should bend over backwards to find one that fits. As I say mine was listed for a 99 lancer or something - it does fractionally rub on the bonnet at top but I can put up with that.

And my Tein Adjustables were $500 off trademe - albiet not brand new. Fitted myself then $80 to get camber etc setup.

StraydoG
Apprentice

Post by StraydoG »

I think my engine (V6, non mivec) is positioned slightly different? When they tried one strut it didnt work, contact with engine. Then again that was a cheap peice of crap.

Debadged my car yesterday. WD-40 oil is useless! Bug & Tar remover ws quicker.
StraydoG
Apprentice

Post by StraydoG »

Installed a Pioneer headunit... Basically if I cant find the struts I dont think Ill be spending more money. Im somewhat screwed as I was made redundant before Christmas and Ive been enjoying my break a bit to much so have not tryed searching for a course to take this year or find a job if I have too. Anyone had there cambelt done? Just wondering the cost or parts and labour since Im up at 85000km now. Good thing is I sold my old Mirage, yay.
JayME
Apprentice

Post by JayME »

Yea I did my cam belt etc at around 80'000k. cost around the $700 mark from memory although if you get water pump done at the same time (which is recommended) it will be a bit more. I used a genuine mitsi cam belt too.
StraydoG
Apprentice

Post by StraydoG »

Yeah they told me water pump too, combined with cam belt it hit the $1000 mark.
JayME
Apprentice

Post by JayME »

That would be about right
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

THINK i remember seeing one of the Mitsubishi Garage services included cambelt change? Think it was the standard 100k Service?
If you can't dazzle them with dexterity, baffle them with bull...
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

If Kempy's arn't doing strut braces now and you're desperate for them, there's always www.uniqueautosports.com in oz.

Yey, the new spoiler has arrived! Quite what the customs people have been doing with it for the last 2 weeks i've no idea....
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

Came out the house this morning with a bit of a hangover after last night's partying to everyone's cars on the lawn:

Think I know which one I like the best :)

What are people doing at the mo? Or are projects on hold now the weather's going down hill.

Took the orange lens out of the front lights and sprayed them silver yesterday. She's going in for respray next week after whipping the spoiler off. Changed my mind on the Version-R wing, so that'll be a trademe job. Think might be some engine bay tarting-up on the cards today.
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

That looks mint mate!

yeah im in sydney at the mo with these kangarooters so if u want anything off them ill be commin back 2 NZ hopefully in august.

would be good to catch up and have a yarn at some point.

Mike
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

Yeah man, you still in Christchurch when you're over here?

Think I'm ok for parts at the mo - Should be over in Perth next month, so can pick up anything then. Thanks for the thought though
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

no worries bro,

commin back 2 nz in august, dont know whether to fly direct to chch or stop in aucks n see some mates

my UK visa came through today so im definatly headin to the UK in august (via nz)
JayME
Apprentice

Post by JayME »

Have been in Aus recently myself - abliet for only a week on the Gold Coast.

Had a track day at Ruapuna the other day. Car was stripped and semi slicks thrown on the front. Had a bit of a tinker with my adjustable suspenion too - lead to some much improved track times althou it did have a tendancy to get a bit sideways under deceleration.

A pic of my car in the monring before racing had started

Overtaking a CRX rally car down the main straight

A video of incar footage from one of the civics on the day (me passing them down the straight :P and spinning out at the start if you look really carefully :oops: )
http://jason.bdash.net.nz/Files/NZ%20Ho ... ix-FTO.wmv

Have got some incar footage from my car that I wil throw up when I shrink it a little
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

Looking speedy there Jayme!
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

lol. Girl I work with asked me "Is that a Porche, or a Ferrari?" Ohhh.... that made me feel all warm inside.

Is anyone going to be skiing down south this season? Thinking few of us might head down to Queenstown at some point.