Where a good place in Perth for Audio Installations?

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

illmotion
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Where a good place in Perth for Audio Installations?

Post by illmotion »

Hi

I Bought a double din awhile back but recently just got my car licensed, so decided to install my double din so i open up my centre console today and look at the cables and wow it just a big mess to me i have no clue where to start so i was thinking might as well go get it install by professionals.

Anyone know of any business or anyone that be able to install it but won't break my wallet..

Thanks
Taz
Oldtimer

Re: Where a good place in Perth for Audio Installations?

Post by Taz »

Once you get down to it, its not that hard.
All you will need is the double din handbook, the fto handbook to find the wiring diagram, and hook each wire up respectively, you will also need a soldering iron and heat shrink to make sure everything is tip top. I did mine with screw all confidence, and got it in correctly first go. (minus one stupid remote wire that was fixed up no worries :lol: )
Failing that if you have no confidence all i can say is WoW and JB installers are cheap and nasty, and will do a sh*t job 99% of the time and auto lekky's are too damned expensive (most of them anyway)
Do it yourself or get chummy with another forum member//friend who can do it!
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
illmotion
Grease Monkey

Post by illmotion »

My Double Din has a ISO Connector and weird thing is the power for my deck i have in there at the moment is like one of those laptop plugs supplying the power?

while my new din is like the attached picture.

i been following the wire guide from this PDF
http://www.scribd.com/doc/20771472/MITS ... the-Stereo

but there a still some odd extra wires connected to random stuff that not listed at all, also just checked my fto handbook but doesn't tell me anything about changing the stereo haha :s

i really don't want to mess it up, unsure if much of the WA members still browse this forum :cry: if not i probably see if there a friend that be able to help me out

:)
Attachments
Stereo Wiring.JPG
illmotion
Grease Monkey

Post by illmotion »

after finding this list

Ground - black
ACC - red
Constant - yellow
FR - grey and grey/black
FL - white and white/black
RR - purple and purple/black
RL - green adn green/black
orange with white trace = illumination
blue = power antenna
blue with white trace = system remote (this is what you hook up to amps so they turn on)
brown or yellow with black = radio mute (for when you have a bluetooth phone and it mutes the radio when a call comes in)

i think i can try do it tomorrow and see how i go :D

another question might be stupid but which cable from the fto supply the power to the deck? and does p cont, acc and remote wire are all the same thing just different names?
Taz
Oldtimer

Post by Taz »

Power = acc, remote = remote, not sure about the p cont would have to look at it in person to suss it out.
Just make sure that all wires do what they do and are the right color, and that you label everything AMD check it twice before cutting wires etc.
Measure twice cut once applies here.
And I highly recommend soldering and heat shrinking all your connections too, probably best after you've checked it all and it works.
Bennoz wrote: Cum gunt it!
illmotion
Grease Monkey

Post by illmotion »

Thanks for all the tips and boost of confidence taz knowing someone was able to do it before, got it all hooked up today and amp and sub as well :)

All good now!