'96 GPX - New to FTOs

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

pete_gpx
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by pete_gpx »

Ok, I found a place in Brisbane with a GPX half cut for $2000. Gave them a call and they quoted me $1500 for just the engine. Considering it...
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Does the halfcut include the panels and the front Bar. If so, Id be taking the lot for 2K if I were you and offloading the bits you dont want. If the panels, bar and headlights are included, they are worth more than $500. Is it a tip or a manual?
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Bennoz
    National President

Post by Bennoz »

+1^

If theres other bits to sell off it, that might well be worthwhile :)
    pete_gpx
    Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

Not sure about the panels etc. on the half cut, but I do know its a tip.

I could possibly stretch my finances to buy it for 2 grand, but then I'd still need to transport it back to Toowoomba (further expense) and then spend the time selling all the parts. In the mean time, I'd have no money left over to pay for an engine swap.

I'd like to have a drivable car within the next 2-4 weeks.
    pete_gpx
    Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

Anyone want to invest in a half cut with me? I'll take the engine, then someone else can sell the parts or keep them.

Anyone interested in discussing this?
    I8A4RE
    QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yeah i might be interested. And i live 30 mins for brissy so i could check it for ya. WHere are you located
    CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
    xSlurpee
    Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

pete_gpx wrote:Not sure about the panels etc. on the half cut, but I do know its a tip.

I could possibly stretch my finances to buy it for 2 grand, but then I'd still need to transport it back to Toowoomba (further expense) and then spend the time selling all the parts. In the mean time, I'd have no money left over to pay for an engine swap.

I'd like to have a drivable car within the next 2-4 weeks.
    pete_gpx
    Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

Update:

Found an engine down at the Salisbury Wreckers in Brisbane.

$750 for 147 000ks, free removal from the car it was in and it came with 3 months warranty. It looked really good when I went to see it, no leaks and looked well maintained. I would have preferred to find one with less Ks, but for the price I was willing to spend, it really wasn't happening for me.

So that was last week. My FTO is currently in Toowoomba, after having it put on a trailer and brought up, sitting at a small place that one of my friends works at called Merv Keehn Autos. They've told me they can do the engine swap for 700-800, which, I think, is pretty damn good. They're starting work on it now and I expect to have it back mid next week. They're going to do a roadworthy on it when it's done, and soon after that I'll be getting it registered.

If everything goes to plan, at the start of the week after next, I should have a fully functional and registered FTO to drive around.

I'm excited. :D
    I8A4RE
    QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yeah sounds about right
    CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
    pete_gpx
    Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

Damn, apparently I need a new radiator.
    pete_gpx
    Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

Engine has gone in, roadworthy was done yesterday, registration is going through today... So excited I can't sleep.
    REV555
    Apprentice

Re: '96 GPX - New to FTOs

Post by REV555 »

Hello, I am told this is possibly my current car? I bought it about this time lasst year, from towoomba, but with no where near the amount of kms, currently just ticked over 170,000 kms?
    Attachments
    image.jpg
    image.jpg (195.07 KiB) Viewed 1259 times
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Yep, that looks to be it.
    Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      Daniel2019
      Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

He probably swapped the ODO to one that was similar to the KMs on the engine when he did the swap.
      I fix cars.
      Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
      bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
      rock_it
      Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Daniel2019 wrote:He probably swapped the ODO to one that was similar to the KMs on the engine when he did the swap.
      U could always get a listing of the Odo reading from your Local Motor Registry.. See how much was actually shaved off it..
      I just had to add it ......
      sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
      I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
      Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
      :utbnb:
      REV555
      Apprentice

Post by REV555 »

I had a guy come have a perve on my car yesterday, he said it's the origional engine in it according to him, so I'd say odo has been wound back :) but she still goes hard, so its alright