New Member: Greentea/Ryan

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

destinationtoby
Broke it
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: New Member: Greentea/Ryan

Post by destinationtoby »

Sahin wrote:
destinationtoby wrote::lol: I don't think a poorly maintained car with 250000 on the clock that's been left to run outta rego, will last to 500 000 very easily
mums commo is up to 429,000kms lol
About 50,000kms of that is probably just sitting on the spot doing a burnout

LOL
Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Hmmm, depends. He's saying the interior is in good condition. If the previous owner did not take care of the car, that would be trashed. Peeling top coat just means its been out in the weather, not necessarily mistreated.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    rock_it
    Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Buy a car that is already in good condition... Otherwise you are just pissing away cash on a car that continues to need attention...

Car 2.2k
    Rego + greenslip = 900+
    Transfer fee = ?
    Respray front bar only = $250 so rear would be the same ... add an extra for the skirt and there is easy $600
    Battery = $150
    Centre console = $150 I think ...
    Regular maintenance of a more "tired" motor.

You will end up spending double the money on a cheapy, than just buying a decent FTO in the first place... With the above you are already up to 4k....

Now what if you want to mod it after that... Coilovers, strut braces etc.

Just my $0.02 ... But look at the price comparison between bring this car back to life, and a car like Bennoz is selling, or my car ... Ben's is closer to stock, but has low k's, good rims and rubber, and is also lowered. I think it comes with an LSD'd box... I think he wanted 7k ... But that is well worth it...

Even look at Bobby ... Brilliant sound system, coilovers, carbon boot, carbon hood, facelift 97 model, body kit by Dwayne, brilliant interior, and has dual airbags + the awesome Momo wheel. With 80 odd thousand K's less than the car you are looking at ...
    I just had to add it ......
    sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
    I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
    Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
    :utbnb:
    Daniel2019
    Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

+1 to that ^
    I fix cars.
    Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
    bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

But then it isnt a project is it...... Could be wrong, but I read somewhere in the first post or so that this was going to be something they could work on and restore together. Sometimes getting there is half the fun... Being able to say you did it yourself etc. If it was for a daily drive then I agree, but sounds like it may not be.
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      Sahin
      HULK

Post by Sahin »

rock_it wrote:Buy a car that is already in good condition... Otherwise you are just pissing away cash on a car that continues to need attention...

Car 2.2k
      Rego + greenslip = 900+
      Transfer fee = ?
      Respray front bar only = $250 so rear would be the same ... add an extra for the skirt and there is easy $600
      Battery = $150
      Centre console = $150 I think ...
      Regular maintenance of a more "tired" motor.

You will end up spending double the money on a cheapy, than just buying a decent FTO in the first place... With the above you are already up to 4k....

Now what if you want to mod it after that... Coilovers, strut braces etc.

Just my $0.02 ... But look at the price comparison between bring this car back to life, and a car like Bennoz is selling, or my car ... Ben's is closer to stock, but has low k's, good rims and rubber, and is also lowered. I think it comes with an LSD'd box... I think he wanted 7k ... But that is well worth it...

Even look at Bobby ... Brilliant sound system, coilovers, carbon boot, carbon hood, facelift 97 model, body kit by Dwayne, brilliant interior, and has dual airbags + the awesome Momo wheel. With 80 odd thousand K's less than the car you are looking at ...
      if I see one more post about you trying to sell bobby, I swear to god lol
      rock_it
      Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

dstocks wrote:But then it isnt a project is it...... Could be wrong, but I read somewhere in the first post or so that this was going to be something they could work on and restore together. Sometimes getting there is half the fun... Being able to say you did it yourself etc. If it was for a daily drive then I agree, but sounds like it may not be.
      Yeah, good point... But there is always stuff that can still be done to a modified car .. A project never ends .. :(

I guess I am getting older and am over all this project stuff... With the amount of cars I have, and have modified, I am starting to get over it... Just want to finish the Evo, and only deal with factory cars at the moment...
      I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
      rock_it
      Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Sahin wrote:if I see one more post about you trying to sell bobby, I swear to god lol
      Lol .. I have others saying just buy Bobby ... :lol:

But using as point of reference here, which is why I also mentioned Ben's ... I really don't think a car that he has looked at is such a great bargain ... Dwayne sells restored FTO's for cheaper than what this other car will cost him... So just trying to help out... :cyclopsani:
      silverGPX
      9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Rims Rims Rims Rims Rims Rims and Rims
      Sahin
      HULK

Post by Sahin »

silverGPX wrote:Rims Rims Rims Rims Rims Rims and Rims
      Yeah you can get good ones for a steal!
      Daniel2019
      Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Sahin wrote:
      Well done :lol:
      I fix cars.
      Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
      bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
      destinationtoby
      Broke it

Post by destinationtoby »

Sahin wrote:
      :lol:
      Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
      except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
      FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
      PHIL069
      Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

If you want it as a project car, the owner clearly can't be stuffed with it or with trying to sell it...
      No rego, I assume no number plates if it's been sitting for soooooooooo long.

Offer him $800-$1000 for it, and see what happens.
      mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
      Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
      Vectose
      Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

PHIL069 wrote: Offer him $800-$1000 for it, and see what happens.
      This^^

And if he declines.... ask his wife. :lol:
      Bennoz wrote:
      Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
      A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
      dstocks
      National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Vectose wrote:
      PHIL069 wrote: Offer him $800-$1000 for it, and see what happens.
      This^^

And if he declines.... ask his wife. :lol:
      Bahahahahaha. Soooo true. I can relate to this :oops:
        Greentea
        Grease Monkey

Post by Greentea »

Well i got it down from $2500 to $2200. He was your stereotypical wog sales person.

"This car is the Mivec gpx. Top of the range. 150kw. Goes from here to there in no time. V6 engine. Plenty of power. Top car."

Guy is a nice bloke though. He said he'll hold onto it for a while and then he'll let me kmow if he wants to sell it.

Asked he wife already. She has no clue.
        rock_it
        Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Greentea wrote:Well i got it down from $2500 to $2200. He was your stereotypical wog sales person.

"This car is the Mivec gpx. Top of the range. 150kw. Goes from here to there in no time. V6 engine. Plenty of power. Top car."

Guy is a nice bloke though. He said he'll hold onto it for a while and then he'll let me kmow if he wants to sell it.

You are in VIC yeah? ... Do you have to get a Blue Slip for cars if they sit too long out of renewal for your normal road worthy? If so, you may want to factor in that cost, and play on for the guy.

Easy to find a 4K FTO in reasonable condition, with less K's and at least a month or so rego ... Like I said in my previous post, you are already up for that with the price of this car .. So it may be a better idea to leave it and keep on looking...
        Vectose
        Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

rock_it wrote:
        Greentea wrote:Well i got it down from $2500 to $2200. He was your stereotypical wog sales person.

You are in VIC yeah? ... Do you have to get a Blue Slip for cars if they sit too long out of renewal for your normal road worthy? If so, you may want to factor in that cost, and play on for the guy.

Easy to find a 4K FTO in reasonable condition, with less K's and at least a month or so rego ... Like I said in my previous post, you are already up for that with the price of this car .. So it may be a better idea to leave it and keep on looking...
        He's in Acacia Gardens. :lol:
        Bennoz wrote:
        Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
        A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
        rock_it
        Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Vectose wrote:
        rock_it wrote:

He's in Acacia Gardens. :lol:
        Man, too many newbies to keep track of lately ...

So yeah, add another few hundred for a blue slip and sign off to be done on top of rego and transfer...
        Greentea
        Grease Monkey

Post by Greentea »

I'll probs talk to the guy later and see if I can get the price down. See what happens.

Anyway....

Gave my fto a shower.

Yaaay. Sparkle sparkle.